Vince is no fool

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Flamehead, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He scored a 16 and the Wonderlic there is no data that correlates the score with NFL success or passing efficiency. Marino also scored a 16.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The official scores are out, check ESPN, they did an article on it 2 days ago about Marcus Vick and Vince Young's problems with the wonderlic, HE SCORED A 15 the second time, first test score still isn't being revealed. Vince Young is no Dan Marino, he's not even Doug Williams.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Your reference for Young's score of 15 is:
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...olumns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2373838

I don't get SI "in" so I couldn't read the rest of the article.

The reference I've got of 16 is: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2006-03-01-young-wonderlic_x.htm

I don't know which one is correct but I make my point again. There is no data that correlates the Wonderlic score with NFL passing efficiency or success. I reference Marino only as an example of an NFL success story of a low Wonderlic score. It would be speculation for me to say Young is or is not going to be as good as Marino.

I like Young, I like Cutler. I just think it is asinine the way so many people have written Young off becuase of his score. It doesn't bother me that Leinart scored over 33% better than Cutler.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

like Reese said earlier on, "you can have a guy score a 40 on the Wonderlick and not be able to cross the street"

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    Thanks alot... Now I have to get back off the Matt Leinart bandwagon and back on the VINCE YOUNG bandwagon.
    [​IMG]
    Now, to make matters worse, I hope RollTide is right and we do draft him. It would be sweet to pick up an extra pick in the process but I really don't care about that. If McNair is going to be Mr. Expensive pants on me the we might as well have Vince Young in two tone blue to carry the clip board around.
    [​IMG]
    It's just like I wanted it before I got off the Leinart wagon, looked at the Cutler wagon and decided to hop on the Young Wagon. Then he took that test...well...I'm back!!!
    [​IMG]

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The problem is Young uses his athleticism like Michael Vick used his to run through and around defenses, whereas Marino was an accomplished passer in college. I wouldn't mind having a bonafide passer score a 15 on the wonderlic as I would a pure athlete, run around and make people miss and hope someone falls down in the secondary or bites looking into the backfield who also scores a 15 on his second test in this day and age where these guys should be a bit more educated.

7. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Not true. Young didn't have one of the top completion percentages for nothing. And to have that plus be the athlete he is, it's pretty amazing. That is why they are calling him a "new" monster. Can pass and can run.

And trust me the only thing GM's are concerned about is Young's "education" on the field.

You don't have to like VY but your points don't accurately point out VY's game.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How cool is V-Man's avatar.

9. Sounds an awful lot like Mike Vick to me. After all, Vick had a significantly higher QB rating in his final season at VT (2nd best in NCAA division 1-A history) than Young did last year at UT.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller...

So what you are saying is that prospects with outstanding athletic ability who performed at a high level in college are undesirable?

Note that vick is a better QB than 2 of these guys will proably be. History tells us that only one of these three QBs will be a star. Note 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar