Vince feels "Pretty real good" about how his knee is healing.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3gtitan

3gtitan returning video tapes

Titanjeff...thanks for the laugh. Great movie....need to watch blazing saddles again soon!!!

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm trying to decide if I want VY to start or not. I'm worried about if he does get sacked again, will he re-injure his knee/ankle? When we have a bye coming up next week, VY could get an extra week off to get 100% and stay healthy. Then again, I'm worried KC can't get us the W.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I say we roll with KC and suit up Vince as the #2 even if he is feeling pretty good. If Kerry starts stinking it up then throw VY in there and see if he can do any better. I don't want to risk further injury to Vince unless absolutely necessary. I'm not Kerry's biggest fan but I'm pretty confident he can get us a W against Philly. I think we are the more physical team so hopefully he won't be asked to put the team on his shoulders and carry us to victory. Our defense is the key to this game. If they can't contain the Eagles explosive offense (currently 8th in the league in both passing and rushing offense) we're going to have a hard time catching up regardless of who is playing QB. I think they're up to the task though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What Vince meant to say was; "I would be disappointed if I couldn't play, but wont let it discourage me." That's it, thread over.

Also note he's wearing a sweat shirt. I know how I am when it's cool/cold outside, and I'm never expressing a great deal of enthusiasm when I'm cold. That to me is why he's not more amped up about the Eagles coming to town.

5. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Just watched the video. I didn't have problem with his grammar or what he said. This is incredibly blown out of proportion.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I really very much strongly agree with you.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Or should it be...

If you don't KNOW why, don't bother asking.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

your taking this wayyy to far...Ok, he sucks at speaking. Who cares?

As long as hes winning games and producing why is it a big deal?

Big Ben is a sex offender, James Harrison is the dirtiest player in the NFL, Ray Lewis is an alleged murderer, Plaxico is in Jail, and Brett Favre likes sexting.

They have 7 rings between them and your concnerned with VY failing a grammar test???

9. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

You're right, however you got it backwards. People are much more prone, and more easily forgiven, for grammar errors in speech. There is no opportunity for correction or editing in speech. In writing however you are given the opportunity to be much more precise. It was clear in the interview that he wasn't "murdering grammar", but rather mixing two thoughts together. Anyone who has ever had to speak professionally knows that there are dozens of ticks and mistakes that are made in public speech. Record yourself when making a presentation to a client or boss, or record pretty much any prolonged conversation you have, and you'll find plenty of instances of you "murdering grammar".

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And FWIW, Vince has never struck me as a guy who is very comfortable speaking publicly. He always seems pretty nervous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar