Vince feels "Pretty real good" about how his knee is healing.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

From the VY interview today at http://www.titansonline.com/

When Vince was asked how much progress he has made on the injury to his knee he said, "I feel pretty real good about it".

When asked how disappointed he would be if he couldn't play he said, "I wouldn't be disappointed".

When asked if his spirits were down because of the injury, he said, "I am not down at all, and laughs...".

Why do I get the feeling, other than he has no clue how to speak English, that he is fine with not playing? I find myself asking myself, if I were in shoes would I be saying the same thing? Then myself tells myself, NO, I would be very disappointed if I couldn't play, and Yes I would be down about the injury.

So what gives?

2. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

Well, considering last time he got injured...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I feel pretty real good about his chances of starting this week. But I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Jesus, this guy went back to school to learn how to say "pretty real good"?

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I really wish people would give it a rest about his grammar/speech. Heck, he's downright eloquent compared to CJ. Besides, I have a feeling "pretty real good" was just an accidental mixing of thoughts. Happens to most human beings from time to time.

And I highly doubt he could care less whether or not he plays. I'm sure he'd love to play. He probably just means that he wouldn't be disappointed because it is what it is and he knows he's gonna be back out there as soon as he can. So there's no use being down about it. In the past it's all "Vince gets too down on himself" "he's negative", etc. Now we're criticizing him for not being devastated if he can't play Sunday? Jesus. The lengths some people will go to in order to talk junk about Vince. If you wanna hate, there are plenty of legitimate complaints to make. But not this BS.

• High Five High Five x 11
  6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Well, when he misses a great deal of mini camp 2 years ago to go to school, only to lose his starting position, there's a problem. Especially when he says "pretty real good". Sorry. It's a fact.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It was a redundant statement.

We all make them. Nothing wrong with it.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Very true. But like you said... 2 years ago. What real relevance does that have to who he is today? You'd have to be flat out ignorant or a bona fide hater to not realize he's a different guy now than he was back then. Maybe he's still not where you want him to be (he's definitely not where I want him to be) but how long are we going to keep bringing up stuff that happened 2+ years ago?

I'm about the same age as VY and when I think about myself in my early 20's I am extremely embarrassed and disappointed with certain aspects of who I was at the time. People change. People mature. Particularly in their 20's. You never made bad/wrong decisions in your early 20's? I certainly did and shudder when I think about the ones I would've made if I was also a multi-millionaire superstar at the time.

He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. No doubt. But making a big deal about a grammatically incorrect statement and things that happened years ago only makes yourself look foolish.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't think I look foolish at all for calling him out for sounding like a moron. I think he's more mature but obviously has trouble with grammar. I'm a "grammar nazi". I apologize but it is a huge pet peeve of mine. Deal with it.

There are millions of people that wish they could get a college education.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar