Vince asked to leave Titans facilities

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans can't quite get VY story straight

[​IMG]The Tennessee Titans spent Tuesday contradicting themselves over what went down with Vince Young on Monday.

Jim Wyatt reported the team asked Vince Young to leave headquarters and that Young was upset over the development.

The team reacted directly to Wyatt, issuing this statement:
    “Tennessean reports indicating that Vince Young is not welcome at Baptist Sports Park are incorrect. Yesterday, he was informed by a coach at the facility not to attend Monday’s team meeting and was free to leave. The intention was to be able to talk to the team about Young’s situation and how the team would move forward. Players that are on injured reserve are not required to attend team meetings. As of today, he has been placed on injured reserve and all the same rules apply to him as to any other player in that category.”​
    But ESPN basically confirmed Wyatt’s report:
    "[Jeff] Fisher verified for ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that he told the Titans players that Young had quit on the team the day before and Young wasn't going to be allowed to join his teammates at the facility for the meeting."

“Young needs season-ending surgery on his right thumb and has been put on injured reserve. Since there is no reason for him to be at the facilty, Fisher made it clear that Young is currently not welcome at the facility at the present time.”​
    Go figure.

Bud Adams has already told Wyatt that he’s not giving up on Young, which means the quarterback will be back at headquarters. But Fisher can make sure Young's rehab takes place in the background, which is usually the case for injured players anyway.

Don’t make a leap and compare this to the summer of 2005 when the Titans forbid Steve McNair from working out at the team facility-- an event that set a grievance in motion that McNair won, which led to his trade to Baltimore.

It’s hardly apples to apples since in this situation Adams has made it clear VY remains his guy and back then it was evident the Titans were preparing to move on without McNair.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fisher is just asking for it now.

Pull the trigger, Bud. I bet we find out real quick that the demand for Jeff Fisher as an HC isn't near as high as ESPN thinks.

A player on IR is allowed to go to team meetings. As they should be.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

OK, that was kinda mean. If you'll go back on my posts, you'll see that I always said VY sucked. Matter of fact, it got me kicked off the Titan website long time back. I just find it weird that I knew he sucked 5 years ago and not that many did. And now here we are.... my redemption!
    Reckon I oughta go to Vegas and use my intuitive skills on the tables?.. :greedy:

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Monday Team Meeting at BSP:

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Call vince immature or whatever, i cant defend that because it is a question of perspective. But he is not locker room poison. he isnt TO, he isnt OchoCinco, he isnt Pacman in anyway. Treating him as such is unacceptable, and i dislike talking heads who do it too.

6. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

We all went through growing pains with Vince Young and this team. I was done with him last year until he came in the game 2009 and showed me extreme improvement. He brought this team from 0-6 to finish 8-2. This year he was having his best season ever and he gave the Titans the best chance to win games. Fisher cost us two games this year by benching Vince. Anyone notice that four of the games we lost had Vince benched for whatever retard reason Fisher gave.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The only problem is he's actually a talented player. Vince has had great games and great stretches.

The way he acted Sunday was inexcusable for any 5-year Vet. It's the breaking point and he has to go.

But what Vince is ticked off about I agree with completely. He just handled it like a fool. Maybe that was Fisher's plan!

As a Nashville resident, I disagree with you that Fisher still has great support in this city. I mean, there are diehard loyalists, but there are a lot of season ticket holders that are ready for a new direction as well.

On a side note, Go vols. I'm really pulling for a Music City Bowl. As sad as that is.

8. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

I'll give you that, he's a good athlete, but QB.... pretty much blows. College caliber player that ain't never gonna get any better. Not his fault, he just has his limitations. But I'd really rather observe these limitations while he's wearing another uniform. Just sayin....

9. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

Didn't Fisher do this to Mcnair? They have zero loyalty to their players.

10. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

This kind of worries me about the future if Fisher stays. After McNair and now this what players are going to want to come play for him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar