Vikings waive Randy Moss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thesaurus, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I get my NFL news from GoTitans.com buddy.

Seriously, I first heard about it here. I just read that article on Yahoo that I posted. Just now read the NFL.com article. 24hour waivers. Interesting.

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

lolololololol we could pick him up for free??? is their a priority here? how does this work

i would outcoach fisher in this instance by doing everything possible to get moss on this team. he wants to go to a winning team? holler at TN

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Chargers, Titans, Eagles, Packers, Saints, or Falcons make the most sense. It's going to be up to him.

I really, really hope he doesn't go to the Colts or Texans.

I'm thinking Chargers, but it may be too little too late for them to make the playoffs. They tend to turn it on this time in the season, so it's possible.

I think joining the Titans makes the most sense though, honestly. I think we've proven we can pass the ball well. He would make CJ better. CJ would make him better. When Britt comes back, Nate would be moved to the slot where he plays best.

This could work great especially because we have a bye and he would have plenty of time to learn the offense.

I'm dreaming.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We will never get a top name WR coming to TN as long as everyone thinks we aren't a passing team with no good QB. :hmm:

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

What in the world are you talking about? TO is 4th in the league in receiving yards. Tied for 5th in receptions. 6th in yds/game. 8th in 1st down catches. Tied for 8th in TD receptions.

TO has been a fantastic pickup for the Bungles. He's probably last on the list of reasons why they are currently 2-5.

Personally I think too much gets made out of the "diva" and "cancer" labels, particularly among WR's. For whatever reason, a lot of the great ones have some baggage. I'd take Randy Moss in a heartbeat. He may not give it his all 100% of the time but Moss even at 50% is probably still better than all of our other WRs, aside from a healthy Britt. And honestly, I think most receivers take plays off every now and then (be it not running at full speed, lazy/sloppy routes, whatever).

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Oy, if there ever were signs to stay away from a player - this is the one. This team can ill-afford this monkeywrench no matter how big of a name player he is.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The difference between Moss and TO is huge.. In short, TO hasn't been bumped by two teams in one season that both would rather cut him loose than keep even though both teams are thin at the position..
    We don't have the full story here but I suspect it's bad..

8. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Rams could use him for a target for Bradford... that might make sense.
    Speculation is NY Jets ... that would be a disaster IMO

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree. RT is the one that made that comparison. I was just responding to how ridiculous his argument was. The Bengals got a top 5 (statistically) WR for $2 million dollars. What a horrible pickup!!!

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Just sign him to a 1 year, incentive based deal.

This whole thing was probably just an evil plan by Belichick and the Pats. They realized they could do well without him, told him to take a trade and suck it up with another team, giving the Pats a win in week 8. They get a 3rd round pick out of this. There's no way he makes it to the Pats (who have the best record in the league). 31 teams would have to pass on him.

I would hate to see us pass up on a Hall of Famer for a third time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar