Vikings waive Randy Moss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thesaurus, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Touché

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I love his talent, but don't want a guy who can't be relied on to even give half effort. I don't think anyone can control him, and at this point, he's not worth the headache.

Sad to see how far he's fallen based only on him being a headcase.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Smitty that info is correct before the trade deadline but it's after - so he has to pass through waivers and it's based on this year's record. Buffalo first shot.

There is a chance that no team will take him because then the Vikes would owe him the entire contract and then someone could pick him up for vet minimum.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You should care that he plays like he doesn't care about anybody else on the team. He is a cancer and it didn't take the Vikings long to find that out.

He won't block and he runs halfassed routes if he isn't the primary. we don't need that no team does.

Look at the Bengals with TO.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The entire contract is only through the rest of the year. His salary is $6.4M so that is $3.2M the Vikings are willing to pay not to have that guy on the team if nobody picks him up.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...tting-on-a-play-indirectly-led?urn=nfl-281576

Interesting spin story. Basically says if Moss hadn't given up on the pass interference play, he scores a TD therefore Favre doesn't get hurt the next play. That's why the Vikings cut him.

Also contradicts Smitty's info and now I'm confused if Moss in on waivers or a free agent?? (Edit, just read MemphisRaven post. Thanks for the answer.)

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Norv Turner already came out and said the Chargers aren't interested.

Mike Shanahan said the usual "we'll do anything that improves our team" thing and Dan Snyder has deep pockets. The Redskins are still in contention, too. (No team that's out of the playoff hunt will bother getting Moss because he's a FA after this season.)

I'd put my money on the Redskins at this point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd love to have Moss, you can't blame him for talking trash on NE and MN because they did do him rather dirty. But there is NO chance he comes here.

He would just retire if a team like Buffalo or STL claimed him and I wouldn't blame him for that either. They suck and he wants to win NOW. Say what you want about him taking plays off and not being a team guy but the man is a HOF WR and has earned the right to be a diva. I know that one guy shouldn't be placed above any team but he is still good enough to get a team on the cusp over the top or a contender to the top.

I would've said that he'd be a good fit for Washington but with McNabb benched as the starter and Shanahan running the show, you can call that off.

Whatever happens to him, I'll be rooting for him.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He's on waivers. That information is available on every sports website in North America.

10. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

He's on waivers.

I don't think it's likely that anyone picks hem up though since they'll have to pay him for the first 9 games.

I've read that the phins and seahawks are interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar