Vikings got screwed!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Did anyone else watch the Vikes Saints game... and think that the Vikings got ripped.

Brett Favre got 2 late hits, knee tackles that both should of been 15 yard flags in the 2nd half

These all happened in overtime:

4th and 1. On about the 43 yard line. Saints don't get this and the Vikings have great field position. Pierre Thomas leaps over the line and the linebacker hits the ball with his helmet. The refs spot the ball using RBs body. It wasn't a 4th down. (6:15) Can been seen here better:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Questionable-spot-a-microcosm-of-Vikings-?urn=nfl,215402

1st and 10, Brees underpressure and just throws the ball away. The balls is 99.99% uncatchable but pass interference called. Shouldn't of been a flag, at all. (6:30)

Robert Meachem had a "catch" on 2nd down that gave the Saints a 3rd and 2 instead of 3rd and 15. Which would of made the game winning field goal 13 yards longer. When the "catch" was being bobbled all the way down and then pulled in thanks to the ground. It was reviewed, but yet not overturned?(6:43) hard to see.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/...kings-28/b9b9abbc-0b64-46a8-b60f-27eeefad3cb1 use time in ()s to watch play.

All I gotta say is it should be the Vikings in the Super Bowl. But you can't fumble 100 times and expect to win. Refs didn't help any.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Meachem's catch was a catch. It was barely a catch, but still a catch. He trapped it against his thigh and it looked as though it never touched the ground.

...and a Brett Favre team is never going to get cheated by refs. He had 4 quarters of calls that probably mostly went his way. The NFL wanted a Favre vs Manning showdown. Imagine that hype. Makes me vomit just thinking of it.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Ok and don't be biased Brett was also hit right as he threw the ball on one play and they gave a 15 yard roughing the passer..calls went both ways.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The only blown call was PI.

That was the correct spot on 4th down.

That was a catch.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

You can't say they got screwed when the Defense let them stay in the game. When people say things like the refs killed us, such as last years playoff loss to the birds, you gotta remember well we did fumble twice and allow them to put those points on the board. Blown calls yes, but screwed? They did that themselves.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

The Vikings turning the ball over 5 times is why they lost, not the refs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

/\ Beat me to it. Only person you can blame is the entire Vikings offense. Granted, that PI call was baloney, there was barely any contact, and I'm not sold that Thomas had the first down either, it's all irrelevant. Had they not made mistake after mistake after mistake (2 Red Zone turnovers in the NFC Championship) then it would have been over by the end of the third quarter. Reminded me of a group of Titans v Ravens last year... Everything was wrong with them. 12 men in the huddle with 30 seconds left in the game and barely on the edge of field goal range? Get real fellas. I love Brett and I was pulling hard for the Vikings, but they deserved to lose that game. I'm looking forward to a high scoring Super Bowl in a couple weeks...should be a doosie. Go Saints.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Brett's lucky he was able to walk away from some of those hits. Dude needs to retire.

The Vikings screwed themselves as far as I'm concerned, I've never seen that many turnovers and the game still be close.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Brett Favre's last ever pass will be a Super Bowl deflating interception. Delicious.

10. jdog

jdog I like beer!

N.O. got a favorable call on TD. It looked to me that the runner was down about 3 yards shy of the goal. A few plays later N.O. got called for a late hit on Favre. Looked like a clean hit to me and a bad call.Some bad call both ways from my TV but what can you do?
    As was stated ,too many turnovers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar