Videos and Info Of Our 2011 NFL Draft Class

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans 1st Round Pick.

Jake Locker

The Tennessee Titans entered a new era at quarterback Thursday night, selecting University of Washington’s Jake Locker with the eighth overall selection in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft.

born June 15, 1988
    Height / Weight:
    6-3 / 230

Locker’s selection gives the Titans one of the draft’s top athletes and a player many considered to be the top pick had he come out of school a year ago.

The Titans spent time scouting Locker at the Senior Bowl, the NFL Scouting Combine, his pro day at Washington and during a private visit to Nashville.

“It’s just exciting. It’s something that I’ve watched ever since I was real young,” Locker told NFL Network during weeks leading up to the draft. “I love playing the game of football. It means a lot to me. I’m very passionate about the game and I play it that way. I like to respect the game and its rules and the players that play it. I’ve loved the intensity of the game ever since I first started playing. Football has always been a part of my life.”
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_PbienS_enY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

----------------------------------------------------------

Titans 2nd Round Pick

Akeem Ayers

The Titans took UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers with their second-round pick Friday, adding size and versatility to a team that desperately needs to improve its run defense.

They also added a guy who's a little bit ticked off. Ayers spent Thursday in New York at draft headquarters, but flew home to Los Angeles on Friday after being passed over in the first round.

"All the teams that passed on me, I'm going to make them wish that they didn't,'' Ayers told reporters in Nashville by conference call.

Born 07/10/1989
    Height / Weight:
    6-4 / 255

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J36hhdBm9QU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans 3rd Round Pick

Jurrell Casey

Born 12/05/1989
    Height / Weight:
    6-1 / 305

The Titans took Jurrell Casey an American football defensive tackle. He was considered one of the top defensive tackle prospects.

Inside player with pass rush skills.

As a freshman in 2008 Casey played in 12 games for the Trojans recording 12 tackles and three forced fumbles. As a sophomore in 2009 Casey became a starter and was All Pac-10 honorable mention.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zcyqOyompFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

----------------------------------------------------

Titans 4th Round Pick

Colin McCarthy

Height / Weight:
    6-2 / 240

The Tennessee Titans are sticking to defense as they start the final day of the NFL Draft, and they have picked Miami linebacker Colin McCarthy with the 4th Round 109th pick overall.

The 6-foot-1, 235-pound McCarthy played in 49 games at Miami. He had 302 career tackles with four sacks and 34 1/2 tackles for loss.

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2wB-pouJkVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

--------------------------------------------------------

Titans other 4th Round Pick

Jamie Harper

Born 9/11/1989

Height 5-11
    Weight 235 lbs.

The Tennessee Titans have added some size at running back behind Chris Johnson by drafting Jamie Harper of Clemson with the 130th pick overall at the end of the fourth round.

The 5-foot-11 Harper is 235 pounds. He ran for ran for 760 yards and averaged 3.86 yards per carry last season for Clemson. But Harper decided to pass up his final year of eligibility and enter the draft.

Harper ran for 1,311 yards with 12 touchdowns on 311 carries in his career.

He is known as a power runner and could be a nice change-up to Johnson and Javon Ringer.

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CprghseCTe8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-----------------------------------------------------------

Round 5 , Titans Select Karl Klug ,Defensive End.

3. 24

24 Starter

I hate Billick, but he says exactly what I've been saying/feeling this whole time about Locker.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3bHY7GhGOzc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Locker has a low completion percentage because he threw away over 60 passes, which were good throw aways and kept his team in the game because there was nothing there. Billick is talking out of his bum, you can tell he hasn't watched Locker enough and just looked at the stats.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I have a wait and see attitude from Locker. I am neither hot or cold about the pick.

6. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Practice Squad

Reasons why Locker accuracy is so low:

*Throwing motion. Dude is accurate when he is outside of the pocket, someone suggested here that his throwing motion is different when Locker is on the run.

*No Offensive Line. Dude had no time to throw, 5 step drop? What is that.

*Tries to do to much. Because for good portion of his career, Jake had no talent around him, so he took it upon himself to try and do EVERYTHING. He also makes some stupid decisions because he tries to force it into double coverage sometimes, but I think that ties in with the 'trying to do it all'

From what I understand the system that Jake is going in, his play action, outside of the pocket ability will be key in the offensive schemes. Having a outlet like Chris Johnson there will be huge.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

My question to everyone is this:

What makes Locker a better pick than Gabbert? I think it will either haunt us for years or it will be a triumphant victory over those toolbag Jaguars.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I never did get the Gabbert hype.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hopefully trying to force it into opportunities that weren't there in college, will make it easier now that he'll have legitimate threats

10. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Practice Squad

Jake stiff arming a guy from Notre Dame :)

doh I can't post links

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar