VIDEO: VY vs Cowboys

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

If you look at it again, you notice that VY is looking at Scaife for part of the dropback. However, he glances over to see where Britt was located (inside/outside of the defender) for a microsecond. Instantly he looks back at Scaife, already knowing that Britt has his man beat on the inside. That is an NFL QB play. That's what you do. I know its not normal to see VY make a read like that (It certainly amazed me), but it looks like he did from the end zone camera.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

IMO, he was looking Scaife all the way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

I think you're wrong with the word "many". He threw one pass at a guys feet and a few dangerous throws. I don't agree with many.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm talking about overall, not just yesterday.

But if you watch the video again, he throws at Scaife's feet right at the beginning of the game and then throws an easy screen pass at the receiver's feet in the 2nd half. Two is too many times to be doing that in one game.

But again, I'm talking about his overall play.

5. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

From my seat at Jerry World that TD pass was to Britt I told the Cow Girl fan next to me Britt in the back of the end zone.Vy passes on there zone were excellent These are tough throws and the Bomb Britt caught was a great throw. I thought it was going to be a INT they had double safeties but Britt split them and it was the perfect pass. On a side note the Cowboys have a beautiful stadium.

6. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

Was it pure luck that staring at Scaife caused the safety to move up to assist on Scaife? Was it also pure luck that Vince threw the ball right as the safety took a step forward, that the ball went over the safety's head and hit Britt in stride? Sure, I guess that could have happened, but that is a lot of luck for one play. Occam's razor would suggest that it is more likely Young looked off the safety and threw to Britt.

Simm's was being a tool in regards to Vince all night. I swear he called every other throw "dangerous", including the one at the 8:36 mark in the video. That pass was not in any danger of being intercepted.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We won't know if VY was going to Scaife or Britt but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He did have at least two passes that should have been picked and a number of passes that looked ridiculous (like the one to Scaife's feet). He also needs to feel pressure better and throw the ball away. He can't take sacks when we are close to Bironas range.

It is obvious VY throws a nice deep ball and a guy like Britt is a perfect target. I know the pass to Washington in the end zone was probably a pass you don't want to throw but I like giving our WRs a chance to make a play. Just the fact we threw it deep numerous tiems gets the defense away from the LOS. That really helps CJ. We do have the WRs and QB to force the defense to respect the long pass. Keep it coming.

8. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

It wasn't the prettiest ball but it wasn't a duck and no he wasn't lucky. He put up a ball and let his receiver make a play over the cornerback. When he threw it the corners back was turned and only Nate had looked back for the ball. The corner was in a trailing position and Nate played the ball and made an excellent catch. The safety arrived too late and was effectively out of the play. The ball is already on Nate when he arrives so he didn't even have a chance to break it up.

Could it have been INT'd? Possibly with better cornerback play, but since Washington was looking back for the ball, it's more likely it would have been incomplete with them both going for it.

9. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

I think so too. Had that not been in the red zone I wonder if Britt's route on that play would have been drawn up a fly rather than a deep in. I better Dinger looked at the result and thought "I didn't see that when drew that one up, but I'll take it!"

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Maybe I'm being nit-picky, perhaps since I'm still very skeptical of VY but...

Was it me or did it seem like he was almost lobbing passes?

I mean I know he has the very good arm strength, but a lot of those passes just looked kinda lazy and hung up in the air forever. He almost looked like he had Philip Rivers' noodle arm going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar