VIDEO: VY pass/run attempts 2nd look vs Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzZ7AsNpLPw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HzZ7AsNpLPw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Below I focus on his incompletions. It appears to me that he threw just two bad balls. The near interception to Robinson and an overthrow to Britt.

1-10-TEN 28 (6:01) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short right to 18-K.Britt. (Overthrew Britt high. Seems odd that it was so high. Maybe a throwaway or just plain old bad throw)
    3-4-TEN 34 (5:12) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short left to 85-N.Washington (29-G.Quin). (Clearly a hold on Nate and a case for pass interference)
    1-10-TEN 20 (2:18) 10-V.Young pass incomplete deep left to 18-K.Britt. PENALTY on HST-23-Du.Robinson, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at TEN 20 - No Play. (Flag nullifies incompletion)
    2-7-TEN 28 (1:28) 10-V.Young pass incomplete deep left to 85-N.Washington. (Great throw. I'm not ready to give Nate a drop on that one. Just one of those bang bang type of plays)
    2-4-TEN 46 (7:25) 10-V.Young pass incomplete deep left to 85-N.Washington (23-Du.Robinson).(Young got baited thinking Robinson was covering underneath route. Bad read. Hopefully will learn from that one.)
    3-2-HOU 45 (12:17) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short left to 18-K.Britt. PENALTY on HST-94-A.Smith, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at HST 45 - No Play. Penalty on HST-23-Du.Robinson, Defensive Holding, declined. (Would have been a catch if Robinson isn't all over Britt's back)
    3-11-HOU 31 (10:29) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short middle to 80-B.Scaife (31-B.Pollard) [94-A.Smith].(Good play by Pollard. If Young leads him to the right a little bit, maybe Scaife makes catch)
    2-7-TEN 38 (5:41) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short left to 80-B.Scaife.(Gets tied up in traffic and can't make accurate throw)
    3-7-TEN 38 (5:34) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short left to 80-B.Scaife [90-M.Williams].(Trip play. I think Young makes completion)
    2-3-TEN 48 (1:22) 10-V.Young pass incomplete to 83-A.Crumpler. The Replay Assistant challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was Upheld. (That was a catch!)
    1-10-HOU 40 (1:09) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short middle to 28-C.Johnson. (I thnk this play right here probably was one of his best plays. Screen is not there. He just threw it away)
    2-10-HOU 40 (1:03) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short left to 87-L.Hawkins (29-G.Quin). (This one is complicated. It appears that the ball went off the hands of Hawkins. Why is Hawkins route so close to Nate's?)

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Thanks.

After a 2nd look at that blatant leg-out trip up of #10 I don't think anyone can complain about the "lulz...wheelbarrel" situation not being called out

LOL

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Man Washington should have pulled in that first deep ball.

Britt does not look like a rookie.

4. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

5. Nine

Nine Starter

Absolutely should have been a catch. Over-the-shoulder catches are always a bit tough, but Nate couldn't have asked for better ball placement. That type of catch is the reason the Titans brought him here in the first place. He simply misjudged the ball, and put his hands up about six inches short of where the ball actually came down. Had he extended his arms just slightly, that ball hits him right in the hands. (You can kind of see it in that shot, but it's really obvious on the television replay.)

Personally, I don't think there's been enough recognition of how amazing that throw was. Keep in mind, Vince had been flushed from the pocket, and was scrambling to his left with Super Mario in pursuit....and without setting his feet or anything, he just reaches back across his body and delivers a perfectly placed strike 55+ yards down the field.

There are only a handful of QB's in the league who could make a throw like that under those circumstances. Most guys simply don't have the arm strength or athleticism to pull it off.

The really sad part is, I recall at least three other occasions where Vince has made virtually identical throws..incredibly difficult across-the-body throws while scrambling to his left....and in each case, the receiver screwed it up, and dropped a perfectly thrown ball. Damn shame.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I love how #31 Pollard and #93 can't bring VY down, when they stop him for -3 or something like that. The both fell to the ground, while VY keep standing

7. iQon

iQon Starter

Man Vince is looking great. Superseding my optimism for his comeback in a Titans jersey. Ironically, he's throwing as well as Kerry was. Our receivers just always make bad drops. :irked:

I think he's still making a few stupid mistakes here and there, which with work, he'll be respected in the pocket more. But for a Fisherball QB, he's making the most of his throws and his low #'s don't really tell the story.

8. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Yeah ...I like that too. You know they want to stick him so bad...and he just looks at them with a "that's it?!"

9. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

LoL alot of Texan fans looked at me funny when I bust out laughing at that situation @ the place I was watching the game at.

They were all "why are you so happy; you just lost yardage!" Made me smile.

That was friggin' hilarious. He just shook them off like gnats and looked at them funny.

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Texans had a cover2 and still VY made their corner miss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar