VIDEO: Pass attempts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Here's a second look at VY's pass attempts.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wmfhpSkZTNc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wmfhpSkZTNc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Skullcandy did the below vid of 3rd downs on yesterday. Take a look at that one too if you haven't already.

<iframe src="http://www.zshare.net/videoplayer/player.php?SID=dl016&FID=67911302&FN=NVECapture.0002.wmv.flv&iframewidth=648&iframeheight=415&width=640&height=370&H=679113024261209c" height="415" width="648" border=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no></iframe>

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Very nice. Maybe two bad balls thrown in that game.

What I noticed is that Young made more passes into the middle. In '07, it seemed like everything was to the outside because he was either short or high on a lot of his passes inside.

CJ is open in the flat on almost every pass. If Young can hit Gage/Scaife a few times across the middle Sunday, it'll keep CJ an option out there.

3. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Yep, there are a couple of times that VY should have thrown it to CJ in the flat. However, you never know what he's seeing.

I'm still confused on the end zone throw to Gage. It looks like it's a good play because Gage was definitely covered. It appeared basically to be a throw away but the corner had more speed to get to it than Gage.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

which begs the question; why are we still throwing deep to gage instead of washington?

5. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

He looked sharp... his internal clock is definately evident... I love the decision making.. throw it away, dump it off, or run.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think his best throw last week was the slant to Gage. That used to be a sure INT for VY... quick slants were consistently thrown behind the WR right to the DB. If he can keep that up, then safeties can't cheat to the edge on passing downs and he can give his WRs a little more room to work with.

I would like to see Dinger start taking those shots now that we're committed to establishing the run again. Although on that play I think it was dictated by the coverage - Gage was single covered on the outside and the safety had jumped some route up the middle because when VY releases it the S is out of the play. Looked to be overthrown to me, but Gage also looked to slow down too much on his double move. I think the read was probably good, though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

We're throwing deep?

[​IMG]

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Or Britt.

9. beansdiesel

beansdiesel Camp Fodder

That deep ball didnt work for two reasons, main one being it was way over thrown the other is the db played Vince and not the reciever. Vince didnt pump fake on the double move so the db knew it was goin deep all the way. Thats someting Vince needs to get getter at is the play faking to get db's to bite on those double moves.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Nice first post... welcome to the board. Good point about the pump fake - I think in general Vince did a decent job of looking off the safeties most of the game which is an improvement, but you're right - he's got to recognize when a DB is looking in the backfield. Especially as a QB with a rep for being inaccurate - he could get a lot of DBs to jump with a decent pump fake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar