Video: Merrill Hoge's stupid anti-Vince rant

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Go Down, Moses, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Rise

High Rise Camp Fodder

crikey..I just watched it. He absolutely crushes VY.

What a tool.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

wow, he said collins was better...HA!

3. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

He hates Leinart too. Cutler too. His guy was Kellen Clemens.

4. The part that made me laugh was when he said Vince hadn't been consistent in college.

Yeah, Merrill?

How do you explain the fact that Vince finished the regular season last year with the highest pass efficiency rating in the NCAA? Is 68% not consistent enough for you?

5. Nine

Nine Starter

This was GREAT!!!!! I laughed out loud a number of times at Hoge's analysis of exactly what makes VY such a horrible QB, and how he would be the Titans' albatross for years to come. I love how he states his opinions as indisputable facts....the guy is such an idiot.

This is one for the archives....I'll pull it out and send it to him in a couple years to remind him what a doofus he is. :D

6. High Rise

High Rise Camp Fodder

Hoge took another shot at Vince today. Salisbury picked VY as his fantasy surprise of the week and when Salisbury said he threw two TD passes Hoge said "I think his eyes were closed on those two passes"

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Vince Young will be the end of this guy's career. I can see it 5 years from now.

"Vince Young has thrown for 3700 yards this year and 32 touchdowns with only 8 interceptions. He's definitely on his way to Honolulu, but first he has a date in (insert city here) where the 15-3 Titans will be playing for the title. What do you think of this guy, Merrill?"

"He's horrible. His passes are never absolute perfect spirals. He runs too much to be a real QB. His play fakes only pull half the defense out of position. When he drops back, his left foot turns slighty to a 67 degree angle. If he didn't have receivers, his numbers wouldn't look so good. The Titans should have went with Kellen Clemens in the '06 draft. He's played well in all four of his career starts. Definitely should've been picked at #3 instead of the runningback Vince Young."

8. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

LOL I can picture that! Nice!

9. plato

plato Camp Fodder

WOW! I didn't remember it being that bad.... That is as bad as it gets..

No reason to go that far with any player..

10. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

ESPN knows that, if proved wrong, it will not be news because they wont make it news. They will report on something else, and people will forget what Hoge said. Maybe they will have one moment where he will laugh it off and offer some BS about how much Vince has "improved." Typical **** to increase ratings. It is humorous that the guys he bagged on are setting rookie records, tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar