VIDEO: Kerry Collins last 4 game tying/winning drive attempts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think VY is a good passer, he just needs to learn how to manage the game better.

If they dont think he can throw then the WR"s should be wide open. VY is good enough for wide open targets. at least he was in pre season.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

People can say that the defense took us to the playoffs in 07 if they want. But fact of u the matter is, someone had to get our offense down the field and vy did that. In 07 struggled in the redzone and with decision making. Not moving the ball. We did that. Now were struggling to move the ball through the air and stay on the field. Hmmm.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

your assuming a lot considering we haven't seen him vs 1st teamers in over a year.

4. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

I think you exaggerate Young's passing deficiencies. He's no afficionado but he's not nearly as bad as you make him sound anymore. In 2007 his accuracy was very poor but he showed improvement this preseason. He had some boneheaded plays in the preseason but his accuracy by and large (we can hand pick a throw here and there from just about any QB that was not good) was not horrid by any means.

Also, unless Dinger starts to open up the offense and our receivers start to get separation opening up the option for throwing downfield, Kerry is not doing anything in there Vince couldn't. Most of our throws the first 2 games have been 15 yards or less. Vince showed in the preseason he has made some strides on his accuracy and on making reads, and while he's not as accurate as Kerry, he's good enough for short and middle range passes, which so far is all our offense is doing.

All that said I expect the offense to begin opening up soon so that Kerry can take advantage of his downfield weapons. I'm not at all in the camp to make a QB change yet though.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm not assuming anything considering I saw him with my own two eyes stink it up vs. the 2nd stringers of the Bills and Browns.

6. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

So you are choosing only the games that support your claim and dismiss the good ones. Wow, one thing is not to want someone as the QB but just dismissing any progress is just unfair. I'm a really sure if this team was 0-2 with VY as QB you be screaming for him to be replaced and there would threads devoted only the the 3rd quarter int when the score was 21 - 7. That play allow the Texans to score and pull within 7 instead on marching down the field and least get a FG and eat some clock.

Why are you so opposed to the idea of VY improving?

7. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

Something that flew under the radar is that Fisher had planned for VY to start one of the pre-season games but something with the first team offense worried him so he played longer in games and now it kind of showing in this season.

8. iQon

iQon Starter

:ha:

I almost feel bad for VY. He ran the 2nd team offense, and ended up being our best QB in the pre-season. He had 4 decent games. Why are people dismissing his progress to create their point? He's definitely better than what he was his sophomore year. And right now, Collins is a 4th quarter scrub. 3 game streak, to be exact.

If you're going to discredit a QB for being bad in 2007, blame Collins for his shortcomings this year. It's ok. He's not losing his job any time soon.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

BECAUSE HE'S NOT IMPROVING!

Don't you watch the pre season? You give the guy a whole off season to work and he doesn't get any better, because he doesn't get it. He just doesn't have the skills to play in this league it's so obvious. And what games am I supposed to bring up that are good? He had a nice game against Tampa, fine, he blew vs. the Colts, Jags, Browns, and Bills.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

he looked a lot better to me...running and throwing. So I'll ask you, did you watch the preseason?

I think it's funny the Ohio State fan is the #1 vince hater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar