VIDEO: Kerry Collins last 4 game tying/winning drive attempts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

In both games this season, as well as the playoffs last year, we needed more than a game manager late in the game. Vince is more than a game manager. Kerry isn't.

2. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Your opinion sucks. Move on.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

If we lose to the Jets. Theres a strong possibility VY will be the Quarterback again.

4. iQon

iQon Starter

This is my main problem with Kerry. He never even attempts to scan the field. It seems like he leaves that huddle knowing where he's throwing the ball.

This irks me mainly because you see regardless of coverage, most of the plays here are thrown away, underthrown, or overthrown. Why? Because he refuses to make an adjustment on the fly. This is becoming a trend of hurting the team. 3 big games in a row.

Also, these little allegiance's to each quarterback is retarded. I really hope Vince continues improving and would like to see him back out there starting soon as opposed to starting over again. Is he ready this season? Who knows, I didn't even trust Kerry until Week 5 due to his poor first season here. But if Kerry doesn't get everything together, VY may not have a choice. And you should support him the same, because they both make some of the same stupid mistakes consistently.

How about we all just want to see the Titans win some games, especially the one's that count the most in January. It shouldn't matter whose under center. Time is precious, I'd really like to see Bulluck with the Lombardi before he gets shown the door. :hmm:

5. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

On 104.5 today, it was told that (whoever the guy was that recovered kerrys fumble) said that mawee was in the pile grabbing his fingers and popped the ball out, but the refree saw him just before he lost it. He said if it had been two seconds earlier he would have lost it.

Great effort Kevin, but hurry it up next time.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Don't you know that a franchise qb can be the same as a game manager, Collins was supposed to play as the francise qb but he plays like a game manager. The reason he has a bad past is because if he has one good year, he immediately trys to out play himself and play like a playmaker, leading to more turnovers, now will he continue that trend? Who knows, but if you seriously believe he has what it takes to lead a team to the playoffs and to a sb then your just as bad as the vy lovers on this forum. Our team will not become elite unless either vince steps in and continues to make strides and play like we want, or we draft another qb. If your satisfied with making it into the playoffs and losing in a close game because our starting qb is not playmaker who can extend plays then by all means continue to speak so highly of him. I will support him as long as he plays for us, but i will not sugarcoat his playing as if he is our answer.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Well said...I don't think anyone on this site is saying Vince Young is the sure answer, but right now, our only chance at a Superbowl is if he can come in and make plays. With Collins, at best we're a first round exit team..

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

First off the bold part. I'm not delusional as to what Collins can do like the Young lovers. I know exactly what he is and he's our Trent Dilfer. Now if the defense can play like they did last year why can't we win the Superbowl? We should have beaten the Ravens and we were good enough to beat the Steelers (obviously) so yea we could make the Superbowl. VY lovers pretend he's back at Texas when he's not, he isn't and can't be the same QB because that wont work in the NFL. He's not a playmaker and he's not a starting caliber QB. I'm all for drafting a QB in the first round next year but I'm not foolish enough to think Young is the answer just as I'm not foolish enough to think Collins has what it takes to carry this team like this topic seems to suggest he should.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. tnyou

tnyou Guest

Vince had an amazing rookie year, but struggled the next 2 years, then got injured. Kerry has been good for us, but not great. Who would I trust in the 4th quarter down by 3? VY. Then again, thats just me. We can not judge Vince from what he has played like in the past. From what fisher said, VY came to training camp and did great. Fisher said that he has matured alot as well. He impressed me in the pre-season as well, even though he made a few terrible plays. One thing he showed is that he can rebound from making mistakes. If we lose this game against the jets, and kerry makes mistakes that could of led to that loss, I think fisher might just put vince in for Sunday night against the colts. Vince could come out that night and play like he did in his rookie season, and carry us to the playoffs. Maybe his great off-season and great off the field decisions has helped his game.

Then again, Kerry could go out and throw 3 TD's for 340 yards and win the game.

IMO, Vince brings alot more pressure on the defense, with all the play-making abilities he has. It is just a matter of him utilizing them.

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

so people actually feel like if VY played all 4 quarters vs the steelers, it woulda been a close game?? o.o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar