VIDEO: Kerry Collins last 4 game tying/winning drive attempts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wait til next preseason and you can. :)

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I've never really known how to respond to the Young homers who say that but that was nicely done, perfectly worded.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Then there is no point saying Bo Scaife makes Kerry Collins magically not choke on his own throw up.

4. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

Hey everyone . . . I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.
    I've been reading a lot of posts in this thread, as well as others, in which people say "If Vince was playing, we wouldn't have had a chance to win. He would have turned the ball over at least 6 or 7 times before halftime." So I decided to do some research on the career numbers for Vince and Kerry. Here are my findings:

Kerry Collins: 180 games 181 interceptions 51 fumbles lost 315 times sacked 2,079 sack yards
    1.01 int/game 0.283 fl/game 1.75 s/game 6.6 y/s
    1.293 turnovers per game 11.55 yards lost per game due to sacks

Vince Young: 33 games 32 interceptions 6 fumbles lost 53 times sacked 299 sack yards
    0.97 int/game 0.18 fl/game 1.61 s/game 5.64 y/s
    1.15 turnovers per game 9.08 yards lost per game due to sacks

tl;dr : Vince = less turnovers, less sacks, and less yards lost

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

That's all well and good but how about his numbers for the Titans only? What he did in Oakland or Carolina don't matter to us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

That's a good point . . . we should get Bruce Gradkowski . . . sure he sucks, but that's with other teams. Who knows how good he could be if he was on the titans.

Also, if you don't count the Oakland and Carolina numbers, you might as well not count Vince's numbers because they were with different players.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Ahhh...i love when people do research.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if i were collins i'd prefer that the oakland days be included, since those were some of his best years.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

That's whack. :rolleyes:

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

When Collins was with Carolina and New York he was supposed to be and play like a franchise QB, more is expected. With us, he's a game manager, huge difference.

With Young he's supposed to be a franchise QB, but he plays like a bum. That's why Collins is in and will stay in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar