VIDEO: Kerry Collins last 4 game tying/winning drive attempts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

One thing to think about is the loss of Scaife in these first two games. Scaife has been the check down guy for Collins often and, from what I've seen, no one else on the team seems to have Scaife's ability to get open short when a play begins to break down.

2. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Yea I don't think we realize how important Scaife is to our team now I see why we franchise him. With out him last weekend it seem no one was open besides Cj we need him to heal in a hurry good post.

3. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

I just wonder about Kerry's leadership in these situations. I'm not in the huddle so I obviously dont know and he could be a great leader, but he always has that blank deer in the headlights expression (to be fair he has it most of the game). Never see fire and passion in the guys eyes. They key word I'm thinking is confidence. Confidence from the QB will trickle down to the teammates, like the way Mac9 would crack jokes in tense moments, lighten the mood and always had an air of confidence. Collins looks less than confident to me. I still think he is our best option right now though.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

lol KC does look like he's gonna barf everytime he comes out of the huddle.

5. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

You are correct..I can think of a couple.

6. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Good points. Here's something that I was thinking about the other day. KC has rarely ever been hurt in his career. Why? He doesn't endanger himself too much. He knows when to throw it away. Unfortunately, you can't extend plays if you play like that. It's a double edge sword.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

One of VYs failed comebacks came from a drop by brandon jones against the colts. remember that? I still wanna punch him for that. Speaking of him has any1 heard hows he doin in san fran. With that idiot crabtree out, he should be getting reps right?

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yep.
    No risk. No reward.
    No guts. No glory.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Jones has been injured and inactive so far this season. Not sure when he will return.

10. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Collins is definitely not a difference maker at that position.

But Vince is not the answer. He's a big question mark. If the season veers out of control in the next few weeks, I hope they put Vince back in to see where his progress stands. If we get more of 2007 Vince I hope he'll likely get cut before roster bonus time. Then we can proceed with taking a QB in the draft. If we have to look a couple years into the future, there's a big group of 1st , 2nd and 3rd year players who could turn into the nucleus of a super bowl roster, with the right QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar