Video Game Awards GOTY is...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

GTAIV

What. A. Joke.

I don't care if MGS4, LBP, Gears 2, Far Cry 2 won it, GTAIV should not have won anything but over-rated Game of the Year.
  2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I think Im one of few people that honestly enjoyed GTAIV, but then again, I dont have time to constantly play video games....so when I play one its something worth my time......and I also enjoyed Assassins Creed last year...so I guess they just match my taste.

To me GTAIV was a beautiful masterpiece...even though there will never be the perfect game.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

GTA4 was fun, but it definitely wasn't the best game of the year.
  4. Gunny

It's a fine game and I'll play it again eventually (with trophy support), but heck not much has changed from GTA3 to GTAIV. It is very repetitive.
  5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's a safe pick because everyone likes it but at the same time most will admit it's not the best.

Fallout 3 is easily better.
  6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I think MGS4 is GOTY, but I would have also accepted GROW2, LBP, Fable 2, Fallout 3, etc etc. There was nothing remarkable in GTAIV, except perhaps its own hype.
  7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Just a guess but I'm sure Madden won sports game of the year. Even though NHL 09 is far superior.
  8. Gunny

The way fanboys are these days they probably wanted to pick one that would appease both PS3 and 360 fanboys.
  9. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Dont get me wrong, I understand why GTA wasnt as good as the hype to most....but I dont go by a games hype. I take in the small things, which GTA had a boatload of in this installment.

Playing in an open world, almost exact replica of NY is just amazing to me...and I felt that GTA4 did for this generation what GTA3 did for the last...took the genre to the next level.

But if anything I would of said Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare should of been GOTY...I dont have one friend that didnt have that game and and didnt rave about it.
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

GTA was lame. Terrible choice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.