Video: CJ plays vs Panthers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Amano is HORRENDOUS

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Amano was actually decent when he played OG in 2009. They basically move him and he, Harris and Scott suck now instead of just Scott. I'd draft a real good center if we can, and let Harris, Amano and Velasco fight it out for the two OG spots.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I still don't think I saw CJ break a legit tackle?

I also like how CJ tried to truck Chris Gamble at around 1:03, and bounced off of him... c'mon he's a CB!

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

He hasnt lost his speed. Back when he had a line, he could just shoot through everyone. Now he has to stop and look for holes, which slows his little brain down, which slows his legs down.

Before, CJ could run full speed because he trusted his holes to be there. Now he doesnt, so he has to be more patient and watch for a hole.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The biggest difference I saw in this game was that we got away from the zone blocking scheme as much as we had been using it in the previous games. Many more trap plays and pulling OL. It allows the OL to be more aggressive because they have a specific guy they are to block rather than just a space to block. This certainly makes the OL more accountable on film because it is easier to tell when an assignment is missed.

Running less zone blocking also let's CJ know where the hole is going to be if it is blocked correctly. This let's him run more aggressively because he isn't having to try figure out where the crease is going to open up in the zone scheme.

I think we continue to see less zone blocking scheme in the games to come.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He showed some promise in the second half, but still looked horrendous when the defense was fresh. Lets see what he does next week vs the Flacons.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I've been saying and keep saying that CJ looks slower due to a lack of confidence in the teams run game overall. It's true that CJ doesn't like to run full speed into defenders. That is not his style at all. The difference between CJ then and now is he's not getting up to speed before he has to avoid heavy contact. All CJ needs is blocking consistency from his teammates. CJ is not without blame though. Even if he's being hesitant because of the lack of holes to it, it's still him being hesitant. I know he's small for an NFL RB, but an NFL back is supposed to hit the hole like he's going to be dancing in the end zone at the end of the play. He's not seeing a whole lot of holes to hit but it's on him to be ready when it is there and confident enough to hit it. I don't mean to blame everybody but CJ. I am not a "CJ apologist." The fact is that nothing would help correct CJ's only real problem right now (confidence) as much as consistent decency from the men who are blocking for him. As far as his speed goes, I can't judge his top speed because I havn't seen him quite reach it this year yet, but his acceleration seems to be the issue imo. Not knowing how much the confidence/hesitation issues are affecting that I'm not prepared to say that CJ has "lost a step" by any means. It is possible that his "burst" isn't quite what it was, but he may prove that theory to be untrue with time. Hopefully he does, and he starts Sunday in Atlanta.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Where are idiot bigoted posters born? You and Dunce have to be from the same place.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh come on.

Here, since you apparently don't remember the speed CJ once had:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Isn4uslb5U&feature=related"]Chris Johnson's 2000 Yard Season(2009-2010) - YouTube[/ame]

Look at the angles those guys have. Sometimes they're 5-10 yards ahead with an angle and he still blew by them like they were standing still.

It was amazing. He was in a gear no one else had.

Now?.... Now he looks like he's running the speed that the video shows when he's in slow motion. And I'm not exaggerrating.

He went from Desean Jackson speed to Stephen Jackson speed over 2 seasons.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

and this is to sonic as well....

i didnt say he should hit them all, im just identifying runs that could have gone for a more....

man im not talking about fantasy either. watch those runs and read wat i said, i wasnt saying anything too radical. don't forget this is against like the third worst rush D.

with CJ, the reason his YPC was so high was b/c he would break long runs almost on a constant basis, or what seemed like a constant basis. in his second year, he had more 80+ rushes than anyone ever. sure he had some negative runs and no gainers, but he did more than needed to even them out. now...not so much...

I remember some amazing runs by this guy, where he shows vision, power, speed, agility all on the play. remember against the texans, where he power spinned off cushing, stop-jumped another, then bursted up the sideline, though 5 guys were right around him. he woulda gone all the way if he kept his balance (shock and awe) now...just shock

and i still stand by my vision argument. no1 is ever perfect, but it still doesnt mean you dont demand it. course i understand that in video, its not as clear cut as i made it sound (defenders commit to certain direction that sometimes you dont see/cant comprehend b/c of camera view/angle or no such thing as pause in real life..duh...but) still i expect more....and nor do i c anything wrong with that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar