Video Capture Program

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Tackhead #9, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Hey all... I'm fairly computer illiterate, so whenever I can find a free program with no stipulations attached that's easy to use (ie Audacity), I'm pretty happy.

Anyhow, my thing now is that I want to be able to transfer my old VHS tapes onto my computer. Apparently my computer has some crazy thing coming out the back with AV cables, so I assume I can plug them in there and be able to transfer them onto the PC.

So I was able to save myself from forking out the dough for that, but now I need an actual program to capture the video. So... recommendations? Anyone do this regularly? I've heard Pinnacle is good, but I would much rather get something free if possible. Is anyone familiar with Debut Video Capture? I did a Google search and it looks like just what I want, but I'd rather find out if it's 100% safe before installing it...

Thanks guys.

EDIT: I have a feeling that I may be looking for the same kind of thing GMITTS is in this thread, but I wasn't 100% sure. If it is, please forgive my computer ineptitude...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar