VIDEO: 2nd Look at 2nd half offensive drives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Yep...i posted about that same play. It looked like Lendale was like "Look I have to be productive when i'm out here! So why are you throwing the ball before i can even turn around!"

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Exactly. I'm thinking a 2WR 1TE set with both CJ and LW in the backfield. Have both WRs lined up on the right side, and the TE lined up on the left of the line. If they stack the box, then you motion CJ out to the left. Whoever follows him, will dictate the play.
    If their RCB stays out on our left in his zone, motion Cook out to the left and line him up on that lone CB, and leave CJ and LW in the backfield. If the defense thinks pass and backs out of the box, hand it off to LW or CJ. If they stay in the box and anticipate a run, neither safety will be able to get to Cook in time after he throws that CB to the side like a rag doll.
    You could also run a misdirection play from the same formation (including Cook's motion)...fake a handoff to LW running an off-tackle to the right (hopefully drawing the defense in that direction) and at the same time have CJ run a wheel route out into the left flats, which should be empty if Cook takes the CB with him.
    Same formation. If either of the safeties rolls their coverage over to the left to watch Cook, that will most likely mean that one of the WRs on the right, will have one on one coverage.
    Is there any defensive guru's here that can find holes in those plays? I'll see if I can draw the formation up in paint or something and post it.

3. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Can CJ go back to the backfield after he's already motioned out to the left?

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Haha. No, sorry for the confusion.
    I should have said, if there is no CB out in the left flats in a zone (i.e. he's up in the box due to a lack of WR lined up on the left), THEN motion CJ out and leave Cook where he is. The CB will probably follow CJ but Collins could snap the ball whilst CJ is still running out to the position (as long as he stays perpendicular and doesn't do any forward motion, it should be called for illegal formation). That could catch the CB off guard, if he's running the same direction CJ is.
    But if there is a CB out there in a zone, leave CJ where he is, and motion Cook out there to the CB to make a nasty mismatch.
    Two different scenarios.

5. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

ha ha...See you thought no one was paying attention.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

CJ's 91 yd run was simply amazing. He displayed fantastic vision. Alot of people say he looks a little slower. That's cause he is using his blockers. He threw amano into that guy. Wow! And honestly lendale does look better but i want to seechen in. Lendale isn't gonna beat anyone to the corner, and he isn't giving us big plays. Let him pout all he wants but i think chen is a monster and if he doesn't have the vison for big plays, at least he has the vision for the short gains lendale gives us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar