Vickerson extended, Ball's hurting....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Vickerson needs to see a doctor.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yep. Because according to the thread title, his balls are hurting.

:grrhee:

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's only a problem when he's "extended."

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

As long as he doesn't get 'cut'.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm glad to see this. A hunnert grand SB and a one year extension means we get at least 3 of our DTs back next year. This is good. I wonder if Dave will get his Balls extended as well in the offseason. I'd try the 'ol Tony Brown 3 year/ 5-6M dollar deal in the offseason. Upon further review, I'd be fine if he got a Kearse / Harper deal at $3M per for three years. Based on stats, he's outperformed Kearse as a backup. And after a 7-sack year and I'm sure the Titans only gave him a 3-year deal, there will be consideration at some point given to extending Jacob Ford, which I think should happen as well. Ford and Ball are our real Odom/LaBoy replacements, and Reinfeldt and co. will look like geniuses if they can replace their production (which I think they've done overall, even if they have 2 less sacks between them) and extend both for cheap.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

We really shouldn't do anything with Harper, he's done for.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I didn't say we should do anything with Harper.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The only thing that makes me nervous about Ball's extension is his back. Sounds chronic. I think we can afford to let him play some more to get a better idea of his worth.

Is he signed through next year? I think not, and it'd be nice to see him around another year. And the biggest advantage of this of course is future possibilities of more Ball jokes. And maybe more of his dances/celebrations :ha:

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm not sure how the vesting works, but Ball was drafted in 2004 and spent one year out of the league. I think he still has four complete seasons played or close enough that we need to give him something. I don't believe the back is that chronic an injury, reading through his report history. Seriously, $2M or so per year to play backup for a SB contender that picked you off the literal scrap heap. Yeah, we should keep this guy.

Ball signed a futures contract with us on Jan. 3, but I'm not sure the term length. It could be a 2-year deal, similar to Rafael Little's, but I think he should get something concrete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar