Vick admits guilt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ONUV, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Maybe now Riverman will be happy...

2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I don't know about him, but I am.

I was one of the people who felt A. Jones had been treated differently than M. Vick. Today, I am more than happy to say that I have been proven wrong.

Mr. Goodell has been consistent, which is all that I asked. It wasn't about the severity of the punishment, but rather that punishment be applied in the same manner.

I, for one, am now satisfied. Jones can sit out the rest of the year and I'll not complain one bit.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No, he ended up admitting everything, though indirectly. He said that he didn't make any bets or win any money, though he funded the gambling operation, so he's liable for it. He said that the dogs were killed by the three of them in a collaberative effort. It's just a PR move, so he can claim that he himself never killed a dog. He'll still go to jail for quite a bit.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Yeah, I never understood what his rush was....we all knew this was coming. What is worse for Vick, is that is total suspension time will be added on AFTER he has done his jail time. That's why it's indefinate now, he is waiting to see what Vick gets.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. What Goodell has done is only to suspend Vick while the case is being processed. Once the judge makes a ruling Goodell will make his own final ruling. In other words, we still don't know how severe Vick's punishment will be.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree with the suspension as handed down by the league, so I guess in that regard I am still happy.

But please take note:

The league punished Vick only AFTER legal guilt had been determined. It still remains that Pac has been the ONLY player suspended under the conduct policy BEFORE legal guilt had been determined.

So, yes I am happy that now it appears that league has abandoned the concept that they will suspend players on allegations or charges alone. I remain unsatisfied, however, that our player was the only player to have the policy arbitrarily administered to him. It was total :bsflag:.

And I understand that some of you "dont get" where I am coming from on this issue. I have no problem with respectfully disagreeing.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Hold on buddy.....this is just one case..each one will come and be punished on its own. It just happened in this case that the courts acted swiftly, so Goodell didn't have to step in so soon, although he did suspend Vick BEFORE he was found guilty. There is no change in policy.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Pac Man is a finalist to be the new Executive Vice President of Bad News Kennels. Stay tuned.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

gonna make it rain Snausages

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thunder is right..

Vick was getting a one year suspension even if he didn't plea to anything.

It's even worse than that now. I still don't think he'll do real time given that this is his first offense and he has the big money attorney's. He had to plea because dogs getting killed and mutilated wouldn't go down well with a jury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar