Vick admits guilt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ONUV, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

The Virginian-Pilot reports that Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal on federal conspiracy charges. But it's more than just a guilty plea. Vick is admitting that he did it. A statement from lawyer Billy Martin reads as follows:

"After consulting with his family over the weekend, Michael Vick ask that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with Federal prosecutors regarding the charges pending against him. Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of Guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologizes again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter. The legal team and Mr. Vick will appear in court in Richmond on August 27th."

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Good. Now let's focus on football.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Word on the street is that this was done only after consulting with Goodell's office. It's not some epiphany from Vick, just him doing what was outlined by Goodell to be able to play football again. He's trying to get the sentencing done and counting not playing this year as his NFL punishment, serve his time, hoping for a year, then getting out in 9 months for good behavior then returning to football.

I used to like Vick, but after hearing about how he treated those dogs, I can't stand to look at him. What he did was beyond cruel, it was disturbingly sick.

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

So wait.. Pac sits at home waiting to be proven guilty with a year's suspension and Vick gets a slap on the wrist in comparison to the viciousness of the crime? :eh?:

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Where did you hear that? Everything I have read has indicated that Goodell refused to give Vick's legal team any indication of what would happen if he took a plea.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

You dont even know the punishment, how can you possibly say its a slap on the wrist at this point?

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Exactly, and it could be far more severe than what the courts are handing out. The word is he took a plea to avoid having gambling charges added to his indictment, but if you think Goodell is going to let that go by you are mistaken. With millions of dollars being wagered on NFL games, even a hint of someone involved in gambling is going to bring on some real problems. This in itself could get Vick a lifetime ban.

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

He's looking at 10-12 months according to reports. :rolleyes: If all hope is lost in Vick as a big paycheck for the NFL then of course he'll be gone.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I hope the gambling thing comes into play
    that will almost assure that Vick nevers plays another NFL snap

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If that is correct, that is only the legal punishment. You still dont know the league punishment is going to be. Again, I cant see how you call it a slap on the wrist, when you dont even know all the details yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar