Vic Carucci gives the edge to...huh?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Carucci, on NFL.com sizes up the matchup between the Titans and Ravens by giving an edge to each unit and then giving an overall edge. Check this out....

He gives the Titans the edge in QB, OL, RB, secondary, special teams, and head coach versus the Ravens edges in WR, Dl and LB. So he gives his final overall edge to the........RAVENS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If we have the edge in all those categories PLUS an extra week to prepare PLUS home field advantage....how could he give the Ravens the edge overall???

Perhaps more poignantly, how does Vic have that job?

Gut

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It's funny how people are so swayed by the god of "last week". Here's the thinking - Ed Reed & company picked off Pennington 4 times. Therefore they will pick off Collins 4 times and win the game.

Never mind that the Titans (who haven't really played in 3 weeks now, are they still a team??) have virtually the same # of picks spread out more evenly across the entire secondary. Titans can just avoid 1 player - how is Flacco going to avoid Griffin, Finnegan AND Hope? Oh, and we forced 23 fumbles - BAL 13.

Know the game, Carucci. If last week predicted everything the Jets would be in the Super Bowl.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Uhhh, Flacco also has to worry about those two tanks with legs(Al and KVB) coming after him as well.
    They'll do him quite a bit more corporal damage than the interceptors.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Can't understand how he gives the edge to the Ravens on the DL....

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

If he doesn't get hit he will throw the ball up and hopefully get intercepted.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

he said because of health issues...and he doesnt know how long both al and kvb will play...my question is...when they were out for the steelers...we man handled them...and big ben is way better the flacco...i dont know..i have stoped reading vic about 17 weeks ago...i stick with foxsports.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, Baltimore's line is significantly better than the Steeler's. That's what concerns me.

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

this i understand however...that was two back up players...not kvb, not big al. with our line at full strength..flacco will be running for his life all day long

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

One of the 1st games our D line backups played was the BAL game, and we still won. Can only get better from there.

And I wouldn't say PITs front 7 on D are that inferior to BAL. Pro Bowl NT, 2 Pro Bowl LBs - Harrison being the AP DPOY this year. PITs O line is weak, but not their D line.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Significantly better? I don't think so. Ngata and Hampton are a wash as are Bannan vs Keisel. Pryce might be slightly better than Smith but I don't see a significant difference. And frankly, I'd give an edge to the Steelers LB-ing corp so I'd say the front 7's are about even.

Both units are very tough and very well coached. I'm hoping some of that can be offset by giving them something they haven't seen before...and I'm not talking about any gimmick stuff!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar