Vets Say Titans Didn't Improve

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: It all ended as it began -- a blowout. The Titans began the season falling to the Steelers 34-7 and making a number of costly penalties, mistackles, drops and other mistakes. Then, in the season finale, they were embarrassed by the Jaguars 40-13 in what looked very simular to the opener. Did the Titans improve during the 2005 season? Some admit they didn't. "Did the team get better from start to finish? My answer would be no," G Zach Piller said. "It's very disappointing. That's all I can say." Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said among the issues to be addressed is adding more speed on defense, finding a deep threat on offense and getting more veteran leadership on the team.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. coltman18

coltman18 Guest

That's what happens when your team is in a rebuilding phase.

Did the 49ers or Texans improve throughout the season? I don't think so.

At least there is nowhere to go but up. :))

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that could be argued for the 49ers. they won half of their games in the last two weeks.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good point. The area that looked like we were beginning to show the most improvement was at WR. The young guys were starting to get more comfortable with the offense and becoming more consistent. Injuries hurt us there. The bottom line is the vets let us down big time. The OL, S and LB were areas were we didn't have great talent but enough experience to be competitive. Those areas were consistently lousy all year.

5. I think we improved in Special Teams basically, but we lacked a playmaker both defense and offense, and that has to change for next year because I am sick of losing to the Colts!!!

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Thanks for sharing, vets.
    I wonder what the average Wonderlic is?

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well it's true. Not one of the veterans improved their game from week 1, however I think all of the rookies improved overall.

8. Tank Williams was probably the only vet who improved as the year progressed. But I still wouldn't re-sign him.

9. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

I would!!!!:greedy: He looks good!!!!! But not Lamont!!!!!!!!! :winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar