Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Veteran QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Delaware Titan, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    What's wrong with having Chow prep Vick for the big time ?
    I mean he's done it with quite a few successful QB's
    what exactly is Kerry Collins / Patrick Ramsey actually going to teach him ?
    • Staff / Moderator

Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    It's just a matter of getting a fellow QB's knowledge and experience to learn from in addition to Chow. Plus, it's just one more person to help. During games, for instance, Chow and Johnson are a bit busy with other things, but a backup QB could be conversing with Vince.

I don't really like Collins for that job, but I think Vinny Testaverde would be a good person for that role.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,783
    Vick?
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $1,220
    yeah that got me wondering too.
  2. Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Something else i was just thinking about....If we bring in a vet i.e Collins, does that mean Volek is our #1, Collins #2, and VY our emergency QB. To me it would kind of a stretch to have Young the number 3 pick in the draft as your emergency #3 starter.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,783
    I think making Young the #3 is fine. You don't want him in the game unless it's an emergency. But I believe once the #3 goes in, #1 and #2 can't go back in.

A weird rule, actually. It means a guy like Mauck could not hold for the FG or anything last year.
  3. Vin-Sanity! Guest

Also available are Tim Rattay, Tony Banks and Kordell Stewart. Just sign #9!
  4. Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Some of you guys might think I'm crazy but is Ty Detmer still in the league? He would be perfect, he already knows Chow's system from his days at BYU and he is a high character guy that would help Vince and not hinder him. He is also a guy no one will ever try and build a team around so he doesn't have delusions of grandeur
  5. theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Martin
    Moolah:
    $283
    Yeah, the Eagles already tried that. And they failed.
  6. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,068
    Ty detmer...

Still technically in the league but maybe not for long. He hasn't seen action since 2001. Not a player that could help us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.