Vet Qbs for March..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanDoug

TitanDoug Special Teams Standout

Sadly, he's still better than anyone we have on the roster, and likely to produce better over the next 3-5 years than any of the projects we might pick up in the draft where we're picking.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He doesn't "suck", but I agree he's not as good as many think.

Yes he slings a bunch of TD's, but he also turns the ball over a lot and racks up a ton of sacks. But like Doug said, he's better than anything we've got right now at QB.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If you want a franchise QB...a guy who will be the leaders of your team for many years then I do not think Cutler is that guy. You need to try and draft that guy. Just like we did with Locker. If you want someone who gives us the best chance to win next year then Cutler is probably your guy. I spend my money elsewhere to improve the roster and take my chances that either Locker or newly drafted QB steps up to be the franchise guy.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

We need to rebuild and cleanse ourselves of the Fisher era not put band aids over this big mess

5. JCBRAVE

Locker is very close to being that guy for us, but he HAS to stay healthy. No one knows if thats possible, and honestly most of us are tired of waiting.

A small piece of me is still okay with Jake Locker staying on as our starter, but Im damn close to being done with the kid. I love everything about him, but if he's unavailable to play, why is he here?

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Eh what?? As much as I like our receivers, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Earl Bennett and Martellus Bennett are head and shoulders above ours, without question.

I wanted us to draft Cutler, but he didn't turn out like I hoped and I would pass on him now.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

No thanks to all 6. It's draft or nothing if those are our choices.

8. JCBRAVE

Head and shoulders better? IDK about that. You could make a case, but they're not light years or whatever better than our receiving corps.

In fact, lets look up the numbers.

Brandon Marshall - 1221 yards, 11 TD's
    Alshon Jeffery - 1341 yards, 7 TD's
    Earl Bennett - 243 yards, 4 TD's
    Martellus Bennett - 744 yards, 5 TD's
    3549 total yards, 27 TD's

vs.

Kendall Wright - 1029 yards, 2 TD's
    Nate Washington - 880 yards, 3 TD's
    Justin Hunter - 354 yards, 4 TD's
    Delanie Walker - 542 yards, 6 TD's
    2805 yards, 15 TD's

upon further review maybe you're right. but still we have a better future IMO with such young WR's

9. TitanDoug

TitanDoug Special Teams Standout

I don't know if it's such a huge difference.

We're playing stone age football with Loggains, and they've got Marc Trestman's offense. That alone will count for a pretty large discrepancy in #'s.

Either way, we've got plenty of targets for him to throw to and an OL that should be able to keep him upright (in theory anyway).

10. JCBRAVE

Wonder what this guy will be doing come mini camps

[​IMG]

can he throw a football?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar