VET O-LINE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Walldaprince, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walldaprince

Walldaprince Rookie

d walker expressed concerns of young o-line.i have to agree with him a little but if we draft left tackle and move taylor to right side would this make our line much better or would adding vets make or line much better ....future or present w vets?

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Go vet oline and take a T/C guard in the mid rounds....We need experience on the line. Honestly, they need PLAY MAKERS and excitement for the franchise.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I'm not sold on lean at LT. If they feel that Tunsil is a dominating LT, then I wouldn't mind drafting him and swinging Lewan to RT (hopefully a trade down could be a part of that scenario)

Where I think the Vet presence would help us the most is at C. I think we need the experience at C to help with the communication of the OL and keep everyone working as a unit. Our OL often times seemed clueless out there

Also a new OL coach is needed.

So in summary.

1 - get new OL coach

2 - sign vet C

3 - draft LT

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Walker is 100% spot on. No rookie lineman will fix this teams offense, it just doesn't work like that. Ive been trying to convey that message all along, we need play makers who touch the ball, not offensive linemen..

Yes better linemen would protect the QB better, but Mariota is going to learn how to work behind the line he's been dealt. We dont need to invest high draft picks to an area thats going to fix itself as our QB grows. Thats why you go out and draft a QB like that, he's half the puzzle.

I do think the Center position is one we'll have to draft, there are just no good FA options out there, and none of our Centers has shown to be anything more than depth on another team. Maybe look at Centers in the 3rd round.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

LT is not a difference maker. I would be really upset with a OL pick, especially after the 2 picks we've already wasted in the top 11 picks.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Not a difference maker? I think we can agree that it is the most important OL position.

Perhaps you mean if we get Tunsil, that the delta of our team getting better is smaller than if we get someone like Bosa or Ramsey, then yea I can see that.

However, we would absolutely need to get Joe Thomas/Alex Mack in the off season then.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

we need to go offense in FA and defense in the draft

you can not expect a team that was as young as our team was this year to be consistent because you know that young players are going to make mistakes...

That being said if Tunsil is felt to be the best player in the draft then you draft him...you can't have too many good olinemen on your team. Games are won in the trenches.

8. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

We need to bring back Munchak. If he is willing to be an o-line coach for Pitt, why the hell wouldnt he be willing to be an o-line coach at the franchise that paid him millions upon millions upon millions?

9. JCBRAVE

Games are won in the endzones. If anyone really believes a damn offensive lineman is the best a draft has to offer then I pity them, I really truly do.

Thats not a position that impacts what an offense is trying to do enough, they dont stand on their own, there is always someone beside them doing as much as they are, and you need 5 of them for them to even matter.

CB's, WR's, OLB's, QB's, RB's, those are the kinds of positions that belong at the top of a draft board, not some freaking lineman that cant score you points..

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

I wouldn't hate that, but NFL teams dont grant you access to their coaches if its a lateral move. If he was offered a promotion here then it would be feasible he be brought back but realistically he'll never be back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar