Very interesting news on NFL SUNDAY COUNTDOWN.....Jerry Jones....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Ummmmmm... Ok first off No we didn't have the same cap as everyone else, the past few years has been a salary Purged team that came as a result of this ball club being very competitive, play-off's, AFC championships, Superbowl.... and with a cap purged team, you begin to lose your big players, and thus begins the rebuilding process..Fish didn't run mcnair off, this is a business of numbers... whether we like it or not it's rebuilding and as embarassing as yesterday was that needs to be kept in mind...
    Fish isn't going anywhere IMHO...

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I was talking about Volek, not McNair. If it is true that Fisher wanted to beef up the defense with the draft, Volek would have been adequate at QB. He just needed some talent around him, mainly defense. McNair was too expensive to keep. Now we have spent $56M for a QB, and that may or may not work out, but you can sure buy a lot of talent at other positions for that kind of money.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Jeff & Floyd both need to go, plain and simple my friends.

time for a new sherriff in town

this team needs a change

4. TexasCowboy

TexasCowboy Guest

It's only tampering if Jones starts talking to Fisher w/o the Titans permission
    if it's true (which I don't think it is) Jones would wait till Parcells announces
    his retirement and Fisher was fired as Titans h/c before talks began between
    him and Jerry. in related news Parcells was asked if he thought of retirement
    after the season was done, His responce "I'm not ready to ride that hearse
    out just yet"

5. BigRob

BigRob Guest

Herman Edward to KC

Tell me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that the Chiefs gave the Jets a 4th round pick in compensation for Herman Edwards.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yup. They did.

As far as I know, you can still trade picks for a coach. It has to be approved by the NFL like any other trade.

Anyone have a link to something which states otherwise?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Everyone at fault but fish...?

Not hardly. We were 4-12 last year and that was with mcnair not some rookie. Nobody expects a playoff berth but how about a little competitive football? We have not come close to providing that.

People like fisher personally and want to blame anything and everyone for our failures except him but he is the one who hired and keeps schwartz and he hired chow. This is simply not a well coached team in so many different ways.

A better coached team can regularly be found on the other sidelines. Fisher is not a victim of this team's failures but a participant.

Thank goodness for the houston texans because 3 of our 6 wins the last 2 years have come against that pathetic bunch.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0116/1493904.html

this is just a link. make of it what you will.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Your article was from January 16. Edwards was traded just before. Funny that wasn't mentioned in the article.

I can't find anything which says they overturned the rule so I stand corrected.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

January 16, 2003 Jeff.
    I don't know what's going on...
    and I'm not correcting anyone...

I'm just being everyones pet lycos like I always do.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/01/08/mmqb/index.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar