Verner wins starting job at CB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes apparently he does lack something to be a good football player but......

Many 7th round picks have turned into great NFL players, so people will look past the reasons someone was picked later.

Then there's the 6'3" part. Cornerbacks at any level aren't that big, so thats hard to ignore. Pair that with insane speed and yea coaches and fans will hope it works out.

Me personally, I like his measurables, I mean who cant, you dont see that combination anywhere really. Maybe 1 or 2 others like Tommie physically out there playing CB. But I have always wondered about him. I mean great football players dont quit football and become janitors at an airport then go pro.

Ive always been cautious with what I expect from Tommie Campbell, and believe the only people upset with him are the ones who didn't know the whole story to begin with.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

no doubt the staff made the right decision going with Verner.

I find it interesting that we are going with Sensabaugh as the nickleback. I really figured that TC would come in and play outside with Verner shifting inside. Sensabaugh didn't really have any competition for the NB spot.

We really need to have Mccourty and Verner stay healthy all year.

3. JCBRAVE

Tommie Campbell is an outside CB, let that be stated.

The thing is, most coaches I know of dont like to move their players around, they prefer them to master 1 position. I think that's why Jerry Gray took so long to play Ayers as a DE in passing downs, and why Randy Moss never played with Kenny Britt in the game. It's hard enough learning 1 job let alone 2 in the NFL.

Tommie will still get reps, seems like the plan is to rotate Campbell and Verner in and out depending who the WR's are. When the Julio Jones' of the NFL come out to play, Tommie Campbell will likely get the GO from coaches that week.

So if Tommie has to learn NB too, it's only gonna slow his growth down. He's already displayed a lack of knowledge at CB, why confuse him with more info as a NB?

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Coty has the speed required to cover the smaller shiftier types. Also he's one of the smartest CBs on the team. He's a lot like verner really. Just faster. He's going to surprise some folks this year

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I never said that TC was a NB type of CB. He is strictly an outside guy. While Verner has experience playing the NB spot so it wouldn't be a big deal to shift him inside and have TC outside.

I think Sensabaugh will do well. I like what I've seen. But if you asked me who would be the better NB Verner or Sensabaugh then I would vote Verner.

I think it speaks volumes about the trust the staff has in Campbell if they think that the combo of Verner and Sensabaugh is better than Verner and Campbell.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

haha your avatar cracks me up! And I'll make a deal, if the Titans win this weekend I'll take down my avatar and put up a new one!

I like Verner way more than I do TC. However, I think we should give BWW some looks b/c I don't think he got enough chances in pre season!

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

Wreh-Wilson got lost in the shuffle, it happens to a lot of rookies.

8. JCBRAVE

He is and he isn't like Verner.

Verner is a lot ore physical than Sensabaugh.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea but what did the Coaching staff say about nickel CB this year? They have to play LB. so apparently he's impressed in there

10. JCBRAVE

Yea maybe he's toughened up and started lifting heavy. I hope he can muscle up with blockers how Verner can.

Ive seen Verner wreck a convoy of blockers and get up and get in on the tackle. Dude is a spunky little fella.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar