Verner to get the start tomorrow night

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Rusty has played in a Pro style offense, he is young, willing to learn, has a great arm and seem to be on target. all he needs is some years on the bench to learn the game. If the Titans dont keep him, someone will sign him quick and make him a starter in a couple years. then we all will feel stupid.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Tom Brady was a late round pick, and a third stringer once upon a time too....Just saying.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And so were 1000's of other quarterbacks. The odds of Rusty Smith being just another guy are much, MUCH more likely than him being a viable NFL starter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I realize that, and I'm not saying he is the next Tom Brady, however it's worth at least giving him a shot, I mean worst case scenario we lose Chris Simms to keep Rusty. Uh oh.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I just get tired of hearing every two years about how Tom Brady worked out for the Pats when we bring an undrafted guy/late round pick in for camp reps.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I watched Verner a lot last night. I don't think he had a pass come his way except for the redzone where a good pass would have beat him. Instead, it was behind the receiver and Verner got a hand on it.

There were a couple of plays where I thought his coverage was a little loose but the pass rush was great and the Cards QB never had time.

He was in the nickel a lot the second half. We took off pretty early so can't comment on how he did there as much.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He was burnt on the overthrow from Anderson to Breston in the endzone.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Correct. I'd forgotten that one. I wondered where the S was on that play because the middle was so open.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Griffin was in the hole on play-action, don't know where Fuller/Hope was. (I am watching the game now).

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, I tried to keep an eye on Verner... he got lucky twice in the endzone, but he is showing a lot of talent overall. He seems to be giving McCourty a run for his money, and I'd say is ahead of Mouton. Not bad for a rookie in the 2nd preseason game. If he keeps it up he could follow in Finnegan's footsteps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar