Verner selected for Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Casey, Wright didn't make it. Complete rosters here.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

congrats to Verner. I really thought Wright would make it and Casey was 50/50

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Casey got robbed

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

WTF Casey?

anyway, good on Verner

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Months after winning a training-camp battle to start, Titans cornerback Alterraun Verner has been named to the 2014 Pro Bowl.

The Pro Bowlers were determined by the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group’s vote counted one-third toward determining the players.

Verner is the Titans’ first Pro Bowl representative since Marc Mariani earned a spot as a returner in 2010.

“It is a huge honor,” Verner said. “It is something that everybody in my family, we used to watch the game and admire the people that make it. So to know that I am going to be a part of it and that only a special group of people make this game is very exciting. It is a good cap-off to the season and I am excited to be able to represent the Titans.”

Titans defensive tackle Jurrell Casey and wide receiver Kendall Wright had impressive numbers, but didn’t make the cut.

Verner’s career-best five interceptions are tied for fourth-best in the NFL heading into Sunday’s season finale against Houston. He also has a career-best 25 passes defensed, as well as 72 tackles and two fumble recoveries.

Verner returned an interception for a touchdown earlier this year against Houston.

A four-year veteran, Verner’s contract is up after this season. He’s said he wants to return to the Titans but will consider all his options.

Verner wasn’t guaranteed a starting position going into training camp, but won the spot in a decision over Tommie Campbell.

Casey was snubbed despite leading all NFL defensive tackles with 10.5 sacks through 15 games. He also leads the Titans with 10 quarterback pressures and is fourth with 90 tackles.

Wright also came up short despite posting 89 receptions (seventh in the league) for 1,029 yards. He ranks third in the NFL with 29 third-down catches.

The Pro Bowl will be played Jan. 26 in Hawaii.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

6. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Polamalu made the pro bowl? Might as well have voted in Ed Reed too.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I thought Casey would get it over Verner

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I understand Wright not making it. There were plenty of good receivers this year, but Casey being snubbed is an absolute joke. He was legit the best DT in the league, and for guys like Kyle Williams and Ngata who has been inconsistent this year to get in ahead of him is just a complete disgrace.

9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Good on Vern though. He really deserved it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

There goes our chance at getting him at a somewhat reasonable price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar