Verner MUST start over McCourty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by onetontitan, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You do know his name is McCourty, right? ;)

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I think Finny is not playing all out because the NFL told him to calm down or something.

Something happend after that Broncos game.

3. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Finny has been playing fairly well. He's been in position on all the balls the WRs have caught for the most part. I think the INTs will come...he's injury I think slowed his preparedness early this season. If you think about it he really didn't get a preseason...we're only in the 6 game.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Just imagine Finny on his "A" game along with Verner, then having that great pass rush. I feel sorry for the opposing QB.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What would that have to do with coverage? He is just playing smart in avoiding penalties but that has nothing to do with how he would cover a 15 yard out or a 10 yard slant. If he gives up a first down catch he needs to keep a cool head because it happens to everybody even the best.

The weakest part of our coverage from what i can tell is finny and fuller. Fuller is struggling with good #3 Wrs and almost every team has a good one.

6. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

well, we have indy and houston (not to mention other good passing teams) 4 times yet, i think we'll find out very quickly if he has elite potential, i am on the AV bandwagon

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cortland's best days may be behind him. Even last year he was inconsistent with his level of play. One week he reflects the Pro Bowl version of himself, the next week he's giving up big plays. This happens to everyone who's really good at some point. Opposing players take notice of your skills and make adjustments to deal with you. You saw this with Vanden Bosch, Griffin, now with C.J., Finnegan & Roos, etc etc. Just watch how average Dave Ball is late in the season when payers start realizing what he's capable of doing. Jason Jones is getting this same treatment. It's not a bad thing, really it's a huge compliment that teams respect you. Great players can get past it, others fade into averagness.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

There is just so much wrong with this post...First of all Cortland is a 26 year old 7th round pick, in no way are his best days behind him he hasn't even reached his peak yet. Last year he was dealing with an injury just about all year, and when he was healthy (Mainly second half of the season) he looked just as good as always.

So it took teams two years to figure out Cortland was good? Yet it took teams 9 years to figure out KVB was good? No. KVB just got old.

Michael Griffin had a bad year last year, it was do to personal issues apparently. Have you watched him this year? He's playing better than he ever has.

CJ is faced with bad playcalling, and runs straight into defenders, here you're right.

I somehow don't think Roos went from dominating, to being an average LT just because teams finally realized he was good, why didn't they realize that before? Something else is wrong with Roos, but it's not that teams are finally aware of his abilities.

Jason Jones has only ever had one great game against a horrid dline, and he's played just as well this year as he does normally.

You're right, sometimes players do have one great year, then get exposed because teams pay more attention to them, and scheme against them. But most of your examples weren't this case at all, good try though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar