Verner MUST start over McCourty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by onetontitan, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The guy is a ballhawking playmaker. He is, without a doubt, one of the biggest steals of the 2010 NFL draft. In my opinion, he's even outplaying Cortland Finnegan (which says a lot). McCourty is a great 3rd stringer but I just can't imagine giving the job back to Verner after how well he has played. He's a ROOKIE and he has more INT's than a lot of CB's in the NFL have so far this season.

I'm on the bandwagon and I refuse to get off.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yup. A lot of folks will be upset when McCourty is handed the job back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

101% agree

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah i really like the kid. Wish the 2 INT's he got went tor TD's though :)

I'm thinking about investing in a Verner jersey sometime this year.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fisher wont care. He'll do the same stubborn thing he always does and give the other guy the job back.

And I'm not saying McCourtey can't do just as well- but performance should always come before seniority.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Yet another example of a lame down by contact that negated a titans touchdown

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I remember another certain CB who got an interception in consecutive games filling in for a starter... just one year ago.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think Fisher will start Verner. They were both neck and neck during camp and in McCourty's absence Fish hasn't said that McCourty will get the job back.

I think Verner will remain the starter. I'd go as far as to say I'd be greatly suprised if McCourty got his job handed back to him

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

I think ATV keeps the job

if
    not it's just one more thing I can add to my list of how
    I can outcoach fish ball

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Did his name rhyme with futon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar