Verdict Reached in Casey Anthony Murder Trial.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Grow up dude. The jurors did not play detective. They simply looked at the evidence objectively and came to the conclusion that it did not prove her guilty beyond reasonable doubt. It was a weak case for the prosecution from the start. No cause of death, no physical evidence. All the prosecution proved is that Casey is a slut and a liar. How can you expect someone to be convicted for 1st degree murder and get a death sentence with barely any evidence period? If you want to blame someone, blame the prosecution for a weak case.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Google sputniks hendersonville tn murder.

A white guy beat an old white guy to DEATH because his girlfriend told him the old dude touched her. Turned out it was mistaken identity.

2 years.

You can beat someone to death it only cost you two years in jail.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I also don't understand why this particular case become a major national media story.

Meanwhile the national media basically ignored the christian/newsome murders in knoxville. Makes no sense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

True. No way any jury sentences somebody to death with such a great deal of reasonable doubt. The prosecution effed up by going for the death penalty- they should have kept the charges in line with the evidence. I'm surprised that Jeff Ashton continues to get a pass from the media for that. The only reason I can figure is that most of them were former prosecutors so they empathize with him and are not really being objective. Casey Anthony would be behind bars for at least 30 years if they had gone with 2nd degree murder/ with xx years to life in prison rather than a capital case.

No legal system is perfect and I do believe ours IS the most just. As Cruds (I think) pointed out, the laws of our system favor erring on the side of letting a criminal go rather than incarcerating an innocent man. It isn't perfect, but is the best system of which I'm aware.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well that's part of my point that I'm always trying to make... Justice system is @SS backwards. We seem to value animal lives and feet more than human beings. It's pathetic that Vick and Burress did more jail time than murderers. I'm not condoning what they did... But, in comparison to murder, what those two did was nothing.

I'm just saying... If Anthony were a man, she'd be guilty. Women tend to agree with that too.

Either way, she'll pay for what she did. Can't go out in public in peace. I give her 4 months before someone kills her or she kills herself.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Yep. I suspect an identity change and a lot of cosmetic surgeries.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It's about the evidence- not the gender of the defendant. Yes- it helped garner empathy from other women and sympathy from the men on the jury that she was an attractive young mom. The defense played a good card with the possibility of sex abuse to also help distract the women on the jury.

But the reason she wasn't convicted was due to a colossal failure of the prosecution. No jury will convict man or woman in a capital murder case without clear motive, time/cause of death, or stronger physical evidence that puts the defendant at the scene of the crime. She would be behind bars if those jackazzes had gone for 2nd degree and better defined the hard evidence. It was a weak case that the prosecution attempted to play the emotion card with the jury and it backfired on them- THE WAY IT SHOULD. There would be far more numerous innocent persons sentenced to death than guilty people set free if our system wasn't set up the way it is.

And I totally agree with you. She WILL pay in other ways- it always happens that way. Look at OJ- look at Vandersloot. If she is truly criminal, she will commit crimes again, especially since she hasn't had to pay the price. Let's hope another person isn't a victim before it catches up with her.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

They're to blame as well. But my point is that there wouldn't be "opportunity" to be had if the public didn't eat this kind of stuff up so readily.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

People always say things like "oh she'll get what's coming to her".

But it never happens.

So if she did get away with murder, that's the end. She got away with it.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I would have to disagree a bit on the "attractive young mom" thing. I think it was 7 women and 5 men. Most legal experts felt that the vast majority of women would hold a "grudge" against her since she waited 31 days to report her daughter missing and was party girl during most of it. I think any sympathy she might have had from the women in the jury dissappeared pretty quickly. I think in the end all the procecution had was some circumstantial evidence and it wasn't enough to convict her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar