Velasco/Matthews/Harris

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Record, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Is one of these guys our long-term solution?

If not, anyone know anything about Wisniewski from Penn State, or maybe a late rounder like Kirkpatrick from TCU?

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Wisniewski is a solid player. I'm a huge Illinois fan and see alot of Big-10 games. He's a solid 6'3 300. Extremely smart and can play OG or C. He's a three all-conference starter at O-Line. He played guard in 08 and 09, then transferred to center for this season. Perfect 4.0 grade-point average during the 2009 spring and 2007 fall semesters. Wisniewski was selected a 2008 second-team ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American. Bottom line, smart guy and good player.. he's a 2nd round player though. Someone will probably reach on him a little though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Broken Record

Thanks for the info. With some of our other glaring needs, I doubt we draft a C that high.

4. 24

24 Starter

Kristofer O'Dowd, hopefully we'll look at him. Also, big fan of Marcus Cannon. We don't need tackle help, but if had played at Florida or Alabama, he would've been the top tackle in the draft. He could be worth taking if he falls.

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I would be very keen on picking up Kirkpatrick in the later rounds. Dont know what round maybe 4th/5th. Solid prospect, and leader.

6. Broken Record

Have you seen him play much? I haven't watched them this year. His measurables look good, he gets some media props and that O has put up some good numbers.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm actually a big fan of Velasco. The guy basically plays LG - C - RG, and does it well. I'm impressed with him, should he start? Would he be a long-time start.. probably not.

I do hope we keep him for a while though, hes a solid bench OL player.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Really I don't think the difference between Harris, Amano, Matthews and Velasco (add in Scott) is all that much. What is important is to have the right guys playing the right spots and then to make the right calls (on the center).

I really don't see the team using an early pick on an OG or OC. Not a bad idea if you have a solid team with that as your ownly glarring need. But the team needs to improve on defense in so many areas and we need a QB. I see another guy like Harris maybe being picked 4th round on if they really like him and he can play both OGs and C.

They need to settle on Harris maybe at C or let Matthews play. Matthews might actually be the answer since he appeared to play fairly well and can benefit from an off season program. He should get stronger physically and be more comfortable making the calls.

9. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

yes there are plenty of other pressing needs but the OL is always something that needs to be upgraded. If Wisniewski is available when we pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds then I'd say pounce on him quickly... what's the point in selecting a QB if we can't protect him??

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think all three have been solid, Harris should have stayed at C. Seemed like a more natural fit. IMO, Amano has been the weakest link on the line even before he moved to C.

I'd love to see Matthews be our long-term solution, his dad did pretty good (HUGE understatement) for us IIRC.

Velasco has been solid too and I would like to keep him around. Amano needs to hit the road that much is for sure. Not sure how because we just signed him to a rickdickulous contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar