Vacation Hot Spots

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I consider myself lucky that I am actually getting a vacation this year. The last time I went on vacation, I went to Las Vegas and it was a blast! As much as I like Las Vegas, I don't know if it deserves an encore. I like to mix it up when I have a chance.

This year, I'm having a tough time deciding where to go and what to do, so I figured I'd ask the GoTitans community. I plan on taking my vacation in October. What would you guys and gals recommend?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Depends on what you want. Are you in to sight seeing, or relaxing on beaches? Parties and clubbing in the caribbean or lounging in more moderate temps?

Where all have you been? I think we're going to Cancun at the end of August, but if we're unable to get our passports and finances together before then we're just going to go to Disney World. (just as fun, but completely different of course) Plus this time it'll just be me and the wife- no kids.

I've never been to Vegas, but to me it's always seemed like a 'get hammered and wonder where all your money went' type place. I'm not too fond of being drunk or losing money, so I'm staying away until I hear otherwise about LV.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I've been all over the southeast. I've been to Florida several times and get to go down there for work on their dime in the future. Las vegas is a ton of fun, and I guess thats my backup plan... I've never really been up northeast. I'm looking at taking my vacation in October-November. I love being on the boat. I'm not a beach bum persay... but I do love fishing and drinkin some ice cold bears ;)

I've never been to California (I was in LA for one day but didn't get to get out). I do love to gamble, which is why LV seems so appealing (and its a cheap flight and hotel) but I also wanna do more than Gamble. LV offers everything I want, however, its a place I've already been. Also, when I came back from LV, I was the complete opposite of rested and relaxed. Lol. I was broke, hung over, and just wanted to crawl into my bed for a day or two.

I was also thinking about Oktoberfest in Germany and or Amsterdam. I do love the go to bars and clubs and what not and try to hollar at the ladies. I just wanna do something completely different than what I've done before.

A huge problem that kinda has alot to do with it is the fact that I may have to do this vacation by myself. I'm single, no kids, no wife and all my friends either don't have the money or have obligations that would prevent them from coming with. I wouldn't mind paying for a friend to come with, if it was affordable for me to do so. That would require a destination for us to go to that would fit my budget.

With that said, does that narrow anything down?

4. Deuce Wayne

Oktoberfest would be amazing. I'm not much of a drinker, but even I'd like to go and test things out and just enjoy the atmosphere.
    I'm sure some of the other members will have some good suggestions. And yeah, that's what I've always thought about LV... late nights, little sleep, and partying. I'd come home and need a vacation haha.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Octoberfest in Germany takes place in September.

Cabo San Lucas is nice in October...

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'll take a repeat trip to Vegas over Florida or LA anytime (and not just because I've lived in Florida and LA). I've been to Vegas no less than 30 times and it's always a blast - if you have some $ to blow and (more specifically interesting to me than some folks) a vehicle to hit closeby stuff like Red Rock, Valley of Fire, Zion, Bryce etc.. Copter flights from Vegas into the Grand Canyon are cheap and pretty friggin amazing..
    I've been to Oktobrefest in Munich as well and lets just say that if you like Spaten Brau and thousands of drunken Bavarians it's a total blast.

As far as places I've never been that's next on my list, the inlaws bought us a week's stay here:
    http://www.fairmont.com/banffsprings/
    Since we're going to Toronto this summer, Banff will have to wait till next year. Still, I'm ready..

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Cruises seem like the typical choice. I don't get sea-sick or anything, but I really don't get the obsession.

Beach > cruise anyday. I'm going to Destin again in two weeks. I get back for a week and then I'm off to New York for 'til school starts back up again. It's gonna be great.

If you haven't been out of the country, I'd make that a priority. Find somewhere you've always thought about. Next time I leave the country it will be to Australia.

I am mentally retarded when it comes to knowing seasons and all that stuff in other countries, but that would come into play as well.

9. Deuce Wayne

On cruises you go to multiple beaches- most being better than those in Destin. So it's not just being on a boat. But it's a large combination of things. Visiting other countries (they go anywhere), partying non-stop (and you wont need a driver!), and being able to relax at a pool any time.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just think the idea is overhyped. Most people love cruises. I've heard some pretty unusual stories from friends that have been... good ones, I suppose.

I would like to go someday. But, I'll probably only end up going if others come up with the idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar