V

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by VolnTitan, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

For those in Nashville area hoping to see this on your HD TV, your are out of luck the first 3 weeks. Channel 2 will be showing it on their WKRN WX channel. And since it isn't on Dish or Directv, you won't be able to see it at all. What a stupid decision.
  2. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

Piratebay...
  3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it will be on 2.2 fr those with ATSC digital tuners
    Comcast and U-Verse subscribers should get it on WX

my wife has it set to record ...... it says it will record on Tuesday
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

On November 4, 11 and 18, ABC's "V" will air on a delay at 12:05 a.m. to 1:05 a.m. on WKRN's main channel 2.1. Channel 2.1 is also referred to as Channel 2 the primary channel for viewing WKRN. This channel can be received on all cable and satellite serves in the Middle Tennessee viewing area.

yeah!

I fondly remember the original. I don't remember the actress but the perky blond who the aliens, for some fortunate reason, put in a body suit and tortured her by shocking her - causing her to twicth about - good times!

[​IMG]
    For the record I am anti-torture, except when the good guys need to do it, but I am pro hot chicks jiggling around in tight body suits
  5. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Doesn't this kinda look like "Hey, that BattleStar Whatever show did real good!... what else we got in the basement?"
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

Who'da think SciFi of all networks would be able to take what was basically a turkey from the 70's and rework it into a masterpiece..
    Although the original V was a better show than the original BG from what I've seen I don't see the this V running a full story arc..
  7. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Well, it was a British production as opposed to Hollywood...
  8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Hopefully Ch. 2 will broadcast it in HD. I had thought about downloading it and figuring out how to play it in HD thru the PS3, but now don't have to try to figure that one out...
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I just purchased the DVDs of the original V. Both the miniseries and The Final Battle. I bought these at the beginning of the summer... and while watching it, all I could think was, "This could be awesome if remade!"

And, voila! That's happening.

My only concern with it is... while the original was a full rebel setup to fight the visitors... this one, at least in the previews, appears to be more of a false idol thing going on. Almost religious - the aliens are looked to as a new religion.

I don't know... that's just the vibe I've gotten from the previews. I hope I'm wrong. This series needs some good 'ol good guy versus bad guy fighting!
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

Bear-E! Bear-E! Bear-E!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.