Utah State RB Robert Turbin

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bababooey, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I'm not really a giant fan of getting another RB but this dude is impressive. He produced in college with Utah State but he's also lighting up the measurables right now.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/robert-turbin?id=2533460

He was projected at 3-5th before today, probably more of a 2nd right now, sadly.

But at 5'10" 222 (he looks like Rennie Curran did, but at RB) he LOOKS the part of a power back.

Guy can hit the homerun from his tape I've seen. Benched 29 reps.

Don't know, just really interested in this guy.

Anyone else's thoughts?

2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I really liked this dude. I think I saw two of Utah States games this year and was crazy impressed with this guy

3. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I mean, seeing him in HD at the combine the guy is a TANK. He honestly looks like that Ray Rice/MJD type of back. Gigantic arms, gigantic triceps.

Even caught a nice pass high away from the body in the RB route drill just now.

4. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

Turbin would be perfect for the titans but I dont think we have the pick to spare for him.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Would've been a nice pickup if we didn't waste that pick on Jamie Harper last year. Harper wasn't the bruiser I was hoping he'd be.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Harper was a reach at rb when we took him, basically based on his size, but dude sucks. Turbin would ave been a nice pickup for s but I'm sure he will go too high for us to pluck.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

You guys act like we can't take the same position in each draft class. We clearly want to get a bigger back into this system, and Harper has yet to pan out. A guy I like to get is Doug Martin he is a lot like Turbin.

8. Clark

NoT saying we can't, just have other higher needs.

9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Doesn't mean we can't draft someone like Martin or Turbin if we are sitting in the 3rd or 4th round and all other players of need are taken with any value, do we go with need or BPA.

10. Clark

YeA that's best case scenario, and hopefully someone of value is around that actually fits what we need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar