UT vs. Bammer

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ubiq, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

1.) 123/213 (57%), 1,445 yard, 14 TDs, 10 INTs. 128 QB Rating

2.) 102/195 (52%), 1,440 yards, 14 TDs, 11 INTs. 127 QB Rating

Crompton is #1 and Snead is #2. Can't argue with the stats. I'm not trying to say Crompton is getting drafted, but there's a possibility. And I guarantee that he gets picked up as a FA if he doesn't get picked. Look back at this thread in April.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If those stats say anthing to me, it's that Snead has been worse than advertised, because MY GOD has Crompton been god awful more often than not. The WKU game definately skew those stats for Cromp by the way. Take out the first game for Cromp and see what you get.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

That's nice. Since Smokey is silly and is irrelevant to the team, tell me how exactly a set of wings on a helmet relate to the Wolverines? I don't know the exact story here, but weren't they developed in the '30s to help the QB spot receivers down-field AT PRINCETON?? Talk about silly and irrelevant to the team....also unoriginal. Way to copy an Ivy League team Michigan! :ha:

At least the 'Power T' and Smokey are original designs and ideas.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Oh, I completely agree that Crompton was terrible to start the season. Dig up the earlier UT threads..I'm in there bashing him with everyone else. But he's actually been fairly solid the past 3 or 4 games. You can attribute that to luck, terrible defenses, or maybe Kiffin has turned on his light. I don't know....but I can guarantee you that there are scouts out there that think Crompton has been hindered because he's had to learn 4 new offenses in 5 years. He was still a 5 star prospect and has solid physical tools. Someone is going to take a chance on him.

If he finishes the season like he's playing now, which isn't out of the question, he'll end up with 22-23 TDs and 15 or so INTs. Not bad considering how horrible he was last year and the beginning of this year.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Orange and White aren't the most popular colors in the world (especially when the Orange is Creamsicle Orange, so it doesn't surprise me your wife didn't much care for the uniforms. However, those are UT's colors and like em' or not (which none of us really care, but we're here to share with you our perspective) they are UT. Flashy uniforms don't really do a lot for us simple Tennessee folk, we just like our smash mouth SEC football. However, the new regime (Kiffin) might be breaking some headway with the black pants (possibly all black) and if he does then awesome, but again who cares.

While I agree Michigan doesn't really need to make any new adjustments to their uniforms, the argument would probably go the exact same. They're simple, unchanged and possibly outdated, but they're TRADITION and they don't look half bad. Also, I believe Alabama, Penn. State, FSU, Texas and USC would give Michigan a run for there money for most recognizable uniforms of all time.

Polls (Michigan, FSU, Texas ... it doesn't really matter)

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/College_Football's_Top_Fifteen_Uniforms

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0706/campus.bestuniforms/content.10.html

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/14627100/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/59684-top-10-best-looking-college-football-uniforms/page/2

Look familiar? Princeton wore them first.

http://www.princeton.edu/football/helmet.html
    [​IMG]

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, but Princetons were ugly. :) UT would probably be best suited by just doing modern piping and maybe a modern stripe eventually.

7. jdog

jdog I like beer!

If every player on the team gets the attitude that one loss ends your season then why play after the first loss?
    Maybe the the Titans as an example.

8. onthemove

onthemove Guest

It's a hell of a lot easier for championship hopes in college ball to diminish than it is in the NFL. College to pro margin for error is very disproportionate- 100+ FBS teams competing in 12 games for a championship is much tougher to accomplish than 32 of the same NFL teams playing for a SB in 16 game seasons. These days, the idea of championship teams losing in college is becoming less and less acceptable because the growing level of competition doesn't permit it. Period.

What the Alabama player said wasn't a sign of a poor attitude- he's right! They can't lose at all if they want to play for a BCS title. If college teams lose a game, it had better happen early in the season while they still have a chance to climb up the polls again.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh. And Michigan didn't 'copy' or steal the helmet from Princeton, just so you know. The guy that invented the helmet came from Princeton to Michigan...and brought his cool helmet design with him.

:)

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

ha, how's that different? :moon2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar