UT hires a Sunbelt coach who has 17-20 record since 2007

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Maybe if Michigan started paying for recruits instead of locking their players in a gym they might win more than 5 games.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They might. But I'd hope they'd really earn their money and win the game that counts most too.

Bonus if it's against an SEC team.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Because yours and Erick's jokes are so original right? ...:lol:

:rolleyes:

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't hear too many Dante Stallworth jokes so yea I'd say it's original. If you'd like I could make a Jamal Lewis cocaine joke?

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Doesn't affect me, Haynes and Lewis were successes, Stallworth somewhat..who do you hang your hat on from OSU? AJ Hawk? lol.

6. TitanPredBrent

TitanPredBrent Camp Fodder

Louisiana Tech is a very tough job. Even to flirt with .500 after 3 seasons at that school is a feat in my book. It is alot like MTSU in it does not draw in a lot of outside recruits and is an area that has stiff local competition. (LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, Miss and Miss st, and all the Florida schools.) Until his 1st full season, I am not about to say one negative thing about this hiring. Pretty pathetic that Dukes coach Cutcliffe turned down the job though especially with his ties to the school. That has to be a shot to recruiting even with a very good recruiter as your new head coach.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I heard Dooley being interviewed after the Ole Miss vs. Tennessee game today. He handled himself well.

He talked about his time at LSU with Saban and going with him to the Dolphins. He said if he'd followed Saban to Bama instead of becoming the coach/AD at Lousiana Tech, he'd be a more popular choice but his experience LT actually would make him a better coach.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dude! Groza and Tyrer??!!

how could you forget those recent legends!?

Groza was an awesome kicker. *holds laughter*

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I myself am pretty partial to future hall of famers Orlando Pace and Cris Carter. And didn't the Titans used to have a running back who went to Ohio State? I'm not sure.

And gloat, don't laugh, the only player from Michigan who's gonna get drafted this year is your freaking punter. Better luck next year losers.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

UT looked at his final year when the team had a winning record despite a pretty tough schedule.

The team did improve as they went along and he was able to get his own recruits.

Being the son of a big time SEC coach didn't hurt his interview and they think he can recruit well.

I think he will be a better coach than kiffin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar