Useless infor Preseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Afc46, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013082200/2013/PRE3/patriots@lions

Like most members here , I have "useless" football info. The kind of "stats" that only a person in need of therapy would have. The kind of football info (useless) that a football fan would hold on to. Stats from season's past , rosters that are no longer matter , record's (football) that have been broken. I don't know why we hold on to such information but as football fans we just do.

Anyways, after sleeping off yesterday's 2017 week 3 "Preseason" game, I wake up remembering the pats-lions 2013 week 3 Preseason game. At the time I remember seeing how bad the pats looked on their "dress rehearsal" game, and as dictated by the rules and laws of Week 3 preseason games , this game foretold exactly how the season would play out for each team.
    The lions would go on to have a 7-9 record and the pats would go on to a 12-4 record and lose in the AFCC Game.
    Why do I remember this stuff, I have no idea. I just do...

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Tyler Ferguson - 1/1, 4 yds. 100% completion percentage makes me think he has a shot at taking Tanney's PS spot.

Akeem Judd - 9 carries 55 yds. 6.1 avg. could have Muhammad on the ropes

Darius Jennings - 3 cth 56 yds and 3 First downs. 100% catches for FD = must have for the roster.

For those interested, this is a "useless info for preseason" thread

Take this all as :sarcasm:.

3. Afc46

Glad someone gets it.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Actually glad someone pointed this stuff out.

Pats ground game that day was pathetic, kind of how ours has mostly been all preseason. But it didnt stop them from running for over 2000 yards that year...

Ive quietly been concerned about our run game this PS, but Lewan and others on the team arent... Maybe PS is why..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Afc46

I'm not saying that everything will be fine come week 1, but remembering this kind of stuff helps to not be so quick to hit the panic button. For me more than anything , we came out relatively healthy and avoided a major injury to a key player this preseason.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Did you really just do that? Pfft

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Some of you guys say the same things every year when we suck in the preseason, then what happens? We suck just as bad in the regular season.

The last time we actually looked good in the preseason was when we were 12-4. And I'm not talking about our record!

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Captain preseason overkill arriving.

1. "looked good" in the preseason is subjective.
    2. As noted in the OP, NE looked like dog s*** in that particular game against what turned out to be a very mediocre Detroit team. NE was fine.
    Stopping stressing yourself over preseason.

Maybe, Tennessee won't be that good this year despite the hype. Even so, none of those games have been played yet.
    Start your freak out when they start 0 - whatever.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think we look ok for now, we're not winning 12 or 13 games anyway JW, relax a little and breath

deep breathing is good for CTE

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Afc46

Yup I said it, and I'll say it again. We came out relatively healthy with no major injury to a key player.
    Look no further then Sunday's Titans - bears preseason game. Bears looked great but lost a key player for the year in this meaningless preseason game. I'm sure bears fan will be saying to themselves, sure we are having a losing season BUT at least we looked great against the Titans during our werk 3 preseason game...

This thread is not about making "Excuses" for the terrible performance, they looked terrible. But at least it was a preseason game and we didn't have a major injury.
    Now if they look the same come week 1 against Oakland, then I'll be the 1st to hit the panic button multiple times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar