USC "Thugs"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Yep I definatly heard it. I guess he thought the mics where turned off

3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Yep, I heard it. It was when they came back from a commercial and you hear Buerline say USC Thugs man..... I thought there would be some backlash for Mr. Steve as a result.... One of those "oopsies!"

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

We all heard it in the stream I was doing of the game. I was trying to rewind it but It wouldn't go for some reason

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I heard it, but I would be interested in hearing the whole exchange. It could have easily been said in a joking manner.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

come on, i know i've said that stuff about FSU players to my FSU buddies.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree, seems like no big deal to me.

8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Yeah but saying it to your buddies is different than saying it on National TV. And when you only hear him say "USC Thugs man" and you didn't hear the entire convo, then it didn't sound good at all.

He obviously didn't know that they were on air when he said it. He didn't mean for it to be heard, in other words, there is no way he would have said something like that on air, and there's a reason for that.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But he was saying it to a buddy, he just didnt realize the mic was turned on. He should have been more careful, but I hardly see this as a big deal. If the article is correct, which none of us can say for sure, then it was simply messing with the other broadcaster, who is a USC fan. Im sorry, but I am not going to get outraged or make a big deal over something this inconsequential.

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

He certainly didn't mean for it to be heard, and as a broadcaster, you have to be careful about what you say. That's the difference between you saying it to your buddies and a broadcaster "joking" in the booth and it being broadcast across the nation.

I'm glad that you aren't outraged or think that it's a big deal, but not everyone might share your opinion. Obviously, that's why Steve felt the need to apologize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar