USA Today Grades Rookie Class

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pit Bull #53, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Were you thinking the same thing last year.

That being said I don't see how they can give us a B grade.

2. tyrant539

tyrant539 Guest

Just face it you got swept this year by a really bad "rebuilding" Titans team. There is no excuse for the bottom feeder Tinhorns other than your front office.:ha:

3. smili

smili Starter

I'm surprised Demarcus Ware wasn't listed on the "Best" list for the draft. I don't watch the Cowboys alot, but he's always making plays when I do. And he was making a big impact from game 1.

I think last year's draft for the Titans may be the best since they moved to TN. Only time will tell, but it's certainly one of the best. Here are recent drafts for comparison

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/teams/TEN

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The only thing we were thinking last year was how injuries decimated the Titans chances.
    We can sweep you any year, even our rebuilding year after a salary cap purge, but not in a year in which injuries wipe out our offense and defense.

Consider last year a gift.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Should have got an A...

When you consider the number of rookies who made the team and those who contribute i think this is a far better class then some other recent ones. In addition to three starters we got bo scaife, brandon jones and roydell. Not sure what positive things we can say about roby any more though. We had 2 other offensive lineman make the team as well.

What more can you ask from one draft?

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Roby may have hit a rookie wall. Besides, you can't catch the ball if it doesn't come your way and I have not even seen a pass his direction hardly for a couple of weeks. Roby was very good at returning kicks until Pacman took over. I still think he was a good pick.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

must be fun to beat a team who cant even field a whole roster.

8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Can I consider this a whiney excuse. I could use the same lame excuse for year before last

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

gloating about beating the Titans last year is sad.....just like gloating about beating the Texans this year....you guys are a poor excuse for a football team this year, so I suggest you not be too vocal on certain things. Although, I can see why you would gloat about beating the titans last year - it's the only highlight in your franchise's pitiful history.

10. AFC46

AFC46 Guest

So you really expected to beat the Titans that year? What this year has proven is that your team NEEDED all of the injuries last year to beat our team, this year was no big suprise we are rebuilding while you guys were suppose to be fighting for a playoff spot ( not 1st pick in the draft). So what are the excuses now... injuries? I hope you guys do draft R.Bush with the first pick and keep him, with the fact that you guys have given D. Davis(a good player by the way) a new contract and add that with what 1st picks get paid you guys will have about 60-70 mil tied up on one position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar