Urban Meyer quit again.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Fry, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay I've viewed this dumb thread. Now can it stop popping up?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, I acknowledged that, but what about since then? Michigan was an above average team the first half if this decade. Some really good seasons and some average ones. Since Lloyd Carr got fired they've been awful.

Any coach who takes that team over is looking at three solid years of rebuilding to get to the level Carr had it when he left. Other than Robinson there is very little on offense to work with and nothing on defense. God help you when the new coach decides to change systems right before Robinson's senior season.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Just to kill another thing you guys are spouting off with...

Michigan had the 4th best recruiting class last season.

Oopsie. And that was 9 spots higher than Florida.

So... Florida isn't an elite/winning program. They are losing the battle recruiting their own players, and would probably be completely irrelevant if not for 1 guy named Tebow (whom Michigan also beat)... BUT they're a dream job. They're not in the top 10 of NCAA programs... but better than UM somehow?

Just SAYING something is true doesn't make it so, fellas. You know that, right?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Just wondering, but where did you see that? ESPN has the gators at 4 in 2008, 5 in 2009 and 1 in 2010. Michigan was 13, 10 and 14, respectively.

UF is currently 4 for 2011 and UM outside of the top 25.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well my intention wasn't to get into a debate about Williams vs. McFadden (32 out of 32 teams would take McFadden right now). But I guess San Diego (#3 in rush defense) isn't worth including in the list of terrible defenses, there you go again manipulating reality to fit your argument. BTW what the hell has Williams done this year? His season high in 84 yards! Look out, he'll be in Hawaii in no time!

Now back to this debate. Deuce, word of advice, assuming everyone who doesn't agree with you isn't an idiot or doesn't "get" football is a really poor way to argue. Just makes you look like a smug jerk. Just a word of advice.

Here's something interesting I saw about Michigan.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-most-disappointing-recruiting-classes#page/6

2011 Commitments: 12

2011 Recruiting Class Rank: 29th

The Wolverines are on their way to their worst recruiting class of the 21st century. Michigan has ranked in the Top 15 for the last eight years, but based on the way things are going so far that streak is coming to an end.

With no 5-star recruits and only four 4-star recruits, unless Michigan brings a good amount of extra talent in, it won't finish the year ranked in the Top 25.

----------

Someone needs to tell those kids about the rich tradition of Michigan! Oh sorry did I say "Rich?" Yea, because that's what kids see now. A lousy coach who's been a failure for 3 years and could honestly give 2 damns about tradition. If tradition was so important to kids Notre Dame, Penn State and Miami wouldn't be doing zilch in recruiting.

Oh, but I forgot, we don't agree with you so we must not know what were talking about since we don't watch college football outside of our own team and Sportscenter. I swear you're being such a homer right now, it's embarrassing.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

You completely made up those recruiting rankings...unbelievable. I think Rich Rod has landed 1 5 star recruit (Rivals) since he's been there. Florida, on the other hand, has signed about 15 in that amount of time.

Keep making stuff up, bro. It really helps your argument.

7. Deuce Wayne

Why do you guys beg for it? Really? 1 man vs like 5 and killing...

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=823591

2009... rank = 4.

Yeah, I made it up.

You think Florida's recruiting isn't about to take a big hit? lol... again, join me on saturdays watching the game.
    And their 15 five-star recruits sure are panning out well!

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

No way you are being serious, Gloat. There's just no way.

Check the date of those rankings and get back to me.

9. Deuce Wayne

They were early rankings. Regardless... where's Florida on that list?

mmmkthxbye

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

LMAO. You just linked an article that ranks a recruiting class 7 months before signing day. Absolutely hilarious.

To help you out a bit, Michigan did finish ahead of Florida that year. BUT it was only because UF strategically took a small class <----- you will conveniently choose to ignore this fact though.

Either way, their average star ranking was still well above Michigan's (3.94 vs 3.59). So, if UF would've taken a full class, they would've been top 3 easily.

Florida >>>>>> Michigan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar