Urban Meyer quit again.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Fry, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I honestly hope you don't believe that.

Michigan is a great program and all, but Florida is probably the best job in the country...Texas is the only other program that could be considered better.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Florida is a top 5 job, Michigan isn't. They can both pay all kinds of money to coaches and they both fill the stadiums with 100,000 some people. Right now Florida is in much better shape than Michigan and nobody would rather live in Michigan than Florida. How you can say Michigan is better than Florida is just pure homerism because it's indefensible.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I don't follow college football very much, as I have problems connecting to any teams. But why exactly would someone coach at Michigan instead of Florida...?

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Michigan actually has a campus worth visiting, maybe? Tradition? STANDARDS? A history? A rich history of great athletics across the board with great student athletes and students in general?

Things Florida has very little of.

Name the top 5 programs in college football history...

Florida wouldn't make the top 10.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

But....but....TIM TEBOW! And yea I guess that makes sense, plus Michigans uniforms are spiffy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

LMMFAO

Really?

USC, ND, OSU, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Alabama, Penn State, UT, etc?

Florida may be "top job in the country" for someone that isn't a football fan though. Coaches care about that sort of thing... prestige. It matters to them.
    And regardless... Meyer had UM in HIS top 3. Not Florida. Wonder why?

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It's funny you keep putting all these schools in his "top 3", but the year Florida hired him, Notre Dame was also going after him, and we all know which one he chose. Notre Dame is not that great a job anymore which is why they have had a coaching carousel ever since Holtz left, which has been while now.

From a historical standpoint you are correct, Florida doesn't have the history of some other programs including Notre Dame. But, we aren't talking about history, we are talking about now, and Florida is certainly one of the better jobs in the country and there is no reason that will change any time soon.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well by those standards Notre Dame and Miami are great jobs if not top 5. Unfortunately for you most people don't live in the past and right now Florida is a top 5 job and Michigan isn't. You're not recruiting good players, you're not winning games and Florida is. Simple enough, now quit being a homer.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Absolutely clueless...as usual.

I stand by what I said, Florida and Texas are the two best jobs in the country, sorry you can't see that.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

At present moment.. or.. like forever? :hmm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar