Upon Further Review: Titans Quarterly Report (Part 3 of 3)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After looking at the first two quarters, now we get to the fun part. We could see a trend begin from the first quarter to the second with the Titans winning the turnover ratio, generating a solid running game and limiting opponent points by nearly a touchdown.

Let's look at the next four games of the '06 season.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001921.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

very good job on all 3 reports. Thanks for doing it

3. Matty

Matty Guest

whooop next victims Women........ i mean Texans....

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'll probably get attacked for bashing Schwartz, but it seems to me that the only category we've improved significantly in is scoring (which is of course what matters at the end), but we're still giving up 100+ yards rushing and close to 300 yards passing every game. And that's even with our own offence starting to hold the ball for longer and produce yards on their own.

I really wish 3rd down effeciency had been a part of this review...

5. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

yea.. we allow way too many yards

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yup. Total yards given up by this defense is about the same and it's around 388 per game on average. That's terribly high but is it the most important factor?

The points scored on this defense has gone down over 10 points per game against better offensive teams. I believe that is around 35% which is impressive improvement.

7. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

After looking at the stats from all three articles, I am convinced we need to use our first two draft picks on DBs.

8. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

no man...we need an offensive playmaker to complement Vince, Calvin Johnson!!! or Dwayne Jarett? Maybe Ted Ginn, our O-line can last another year before being addressed because they have been doing a pretty good job lately and then get Nate Clements or someone else in free agency...

9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

A decent pass rush would help out the DB's tremendously. No secondary can cover the entire field more than 6 seconds. Any qb can pick a secondary apart if they have all day to pass. A DE would help that out and help out on the run aswell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar