Upon Further Review: Titans at Texans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Quarterback

I'm not sure I can add much to all the accolades already said about Vince Young. He deserves all the praise he gets including talk of him being the front-runner for Rookie of the Year. He was 19-for-29 for 218 yards yesterday along with another 86 with his legs. He's now 6-4 as a starting QB. Does anyone not named Merrill Hoge believe he isn't for real?

Grade: A-

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001932.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

These grades seemed much more inflated than we've seen the last few weeks. I didn't think the game was a great all around effort, it was barely a win thanks to the turnovers. I expected far more Bs... Vince did throw an INT and no TDs. Run Defense was suspect... Maybe I'm being too critical, but I'm starting to expect us to beat teams more solidly than that. This last second stuff is happening too much.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Good summary Phil.

Glad you gave the D the credit it deserves. 3rd qtr was shaky for a near 6 min drive but holding them to a field goal in the 4th was huge.

As a certified Schwartz basher I find once again I'm unable to rip him for anything. Job well done.:grrr:

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

D is difficult to watch even when successful. Cows are probably the only team that Tennessee could have beat with the D shown sunday. Did not get to Carr enough, of course Carr was throwing about the time his heel hit on his 3 step drop though - lol

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I hear you 3801 but the D had their best yardage allowed performance of the season limiting the Texans to only 240yds in total. They were 3 of 11 on 3rd downs. That's hard to fault. Consider we're carrying Lamont it's brilliant.

We aren't making it easy on ourselves with these 4th qtr theatrics but to lose the turnover battle 2-0 & still win is not the norm in this league.

We've yet to win convincingly but we're finding ways to win too often to label us lucky to be winning.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Keyword here being the Texans. Fluff it up all you want, we still made the Texans look like a pretty good team. Certainly good enough that they almost beat us.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Texans are capable on offense tho. They have several skill positions filled. And they made successful plays, but all for short yardage, so we played to their weakness, which is to take what is given. I thought our strategy worked to perfection. Dayne is a former heisman dude, so we can make fun of 'em, but he's bound to run well on occasion given his god given talent. Plus he looks in shape now. I thought we were solid. Good grades all around. We didn't let them go up top.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i've got to disagree with that. i know mathis is a dangerous return guy, but you cant just keep kicking these pop fly kick offs and hope our coverage teams have enough speed to get to him before he gets going.

the texans' average starting position after a kickoff was like the 31 yard line. they started the game tying drive at their 42 yard line.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought it was pretty sound scheme, personally. His average this season is 27.4 and he bust two for a TD last year. He averaged 20.3 yesterday.

The Texans started on their own 25, 46, 27, 22 and 39. The kick Mathis took back for 39 yards was caught on his 7.

The start of the second half had the short Bironas kickoff to the 18 which was brought back only nine yards. Lundy brought the one back after the first Titans TD for six yards. The one which started at the 39 had a five yard penalty added to it.

10. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Has anyone noticed if you count all of the games we lost by 7 points or less as wins (cause lets face it if we make a few big plays here or there we could of won those games) we would be sitting at 10-3 rather the 6-7? Two of those games we lost by a point (The Colts and Ravens), one of those we lost by 3 points (Dolphins) and the last one we lost by seven (Jets). Thats only 12 points from having a 10-3 season! This tells me that next year should be a good year because we are few big plays or players away from becoming one of the best teams in the league and plus our confidence level has ent up two fold ever sense VY took control. The teams we lost to by more then seven killed us (Cowboys, Charges, and Jaguars) but they were pre-vince-maturation. Also not to mention we have the hardest schedual in the NFL! We have to feel good about the future. If we can win out, which will be very tough but it's do-able we can carry that momentum into next year. If we win out we will be 9-7. Pretty good for a team who started 0-5.
    :greedy: :yes: :) :))

VY is the man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar