Upon Further Review: Giants at Titans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Quarterback

Count me among those gladly drinking the Young isn't accurate shaddup juice this morning.After being criticized for his lack of accuracy from myself and others, Young showed how sharp he could be yesterday. He finished the game with a 107.9 passer rating and a 68.5% completion rate. Better yet, he showed the poise of a veteran by making some excellent decisions when to pull down the ball and run with it when the pressure was on.

Grade: A-

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001887.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Nice article TJ. I take exception, however, to the statement that 2 poor passes set up Pac's picks. In particular, the 2nd INT. That pass was actually on the mark- Pac appeared slightly "beat" but he apparently baited Eli into the throw (which admittedly was under pressure). Pac made an incredible athletic move (mimicking high jumper leg use) to get height- made a full extension tip and caught/secured the ball on his descent. He held on to it. That 2nd pick was pure athletic Pac. Let's give him the proper credit there.

He also contributed mightily on special teams and had a solid run on offense.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

That run was suppose to be a pass. I would have liked to see what the play was meant to be.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'll take the 23 yards.

5. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

"Coaching
    The "fire anyone" talk should go to the back burner for a while. Coach Fisher has proven there is no quit with his team. OC Norm Chow called a solid game late and even DC Jim Schwartz's defense tightened up late when it counted.

Fisher has owned Tom Coughlin since the '99 three-peat. I'm thinking this one might have been the most satisfying.

Grade: A"

I would have given this a "C" at best. Don't get me wrong I think the coaching has improved, but we should not have been down 21 heading into the fourth. How much of the comeback was coaching?, I don't know, I'm thinking the team took it upon themselves to go play ball.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Quarterback
    Count me among those gladly drinking the Young isn't accurate shaddup juice this morning.

"After being criticized for his lack of accuracy from myself and others, Young showed how sharp he could be yesterday. He finished the game with a 107.9 passer rating and a 68.5% completion rate. Better yet, he showed the poise of a veteran by making some excellent decisions when to pull down the ball and run with it when the pressure was on.

Grade: A-"

107.9 rating and 68% and not an A? sheesh

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I guess he wanted four TDs for the A? ;)

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I'm glad I don't have to drink the "he can't pass" Koolaid, I always said he would get it once we got him. But, I definately have to drink the "don't draft him" Koolaid.

I just hope that all these people that are high on him now don't dog him when he struggles. It's bound to happen, he is after all, still a rookie.

GO VINCE !!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar