Upgrade Talk Serves as Motivation for Odom

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Staying healthy?

Short memories? Odom was healthy for every single game in 04 and 05 and in those 32 games manufactured a grand total of 4 sacks. So why is health suddenly an excuse?

Odom's average production per 16 games is 2 sacks and 27 total tackles.

I'm glad to see he finally is motivated. His first goal will be to win back the job laboy took from him.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not going to be too hard on a rookie who had the condition he had in '04. In '05, he starts nine games, two sacks, 13 pressures, two TDs and a blocked FG. A disappointment from what he showed in the preseason and not worthy of where he was picked but I thought he showed flashes at times. '06 was going to be his year he put it all together before the knee injury.

I just hope he hasn't lost any speed due to it.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

If the man says hes going to improve believe him. If ya aint got faith in the team why be a fan?

4. its not the team, its the player... like if LT said that he was going to become a probowler would u believe him

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Yeah. Tomlinson always makes the probowl

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well I'll have my fingers crossed. But honestly, Ford is the guy I'm most excitded about. Maybe it's the newness, or maybe it's the hope that he can get to the QB better than what we have at RDE.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Not him, our LT. Players say optimistic things every year. If there isn't any reason that they've been held back, what's changing to believe them? Odom may have a reason with the sleep apnea, but the injury is a serious question mark. I hope he can change, but we'll have to see.

Blind faith doesn't make for very good fans. Or at least not ones that I want to discuss team things with.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

haha. :grrhee:

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Yes, and that's exactly what happened.

In the fourth quarter of the 'Skins game, Thompson was fantastic, making 3-4 big plays and shutting down receivers.

He was absolutely dominant for fifteen minutes....which is about fifteen minutes more than he's had for the rest of his career combined.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What condition jeff..

'm not going to be too hard on a rookie who had the condition he had in '04.
    --------------------

My God was odom terminally ill in 04? He did start 8 games that year but after the first 5 games actually lost his job to bo schobel of all people. I guess we could just toss his rookie year as a throw away but jevon kearse had his best season as a rookie. He plays DE not quarterback and played in the sec not a div 3 school.

Of course i'm pulling for the guy he's a bama product but it's hard not to be cynical with this team the last few years where we see players flatten out or even decline with age and experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar